Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:50 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times

Advertisements

If the point of this "rally", which will probably lead to more traffic jams and subsequent headaches, property damage, etc., is to inform the nation that there are a great deal of people living in L.A. who do not like Donald J. Trump, then the rally is simply a waste of time and effort since the point is already well understood by most U.S. citizens, if not the entire planet.

So then, what other purposes could this event serve?

There are only two that I can think of. The first is simply an excuse to destroy property for those who enjoy doing such, and possibly do some looting as well (e.g. "I'm taking this stack of stereos to show my discourse for the Rodney King verdict").

The other is to make supporters of Donald J. Trump feel threatened and intimidated by a show of large numbers of angry people traipsing through the streets of Los Angeles. In other words, it's an act of "soft terrorism" (i.e. "we're angry at political conservatives and we want you to feel threatened by the implication of mob violence against you").

And of course, it could be a mixture of the aforesaid.

Thoughts?

And BTW, you of course will NOT hear Eric Cuckcetti mention any of this and try to dissuade participation in this waste of our time, money, and resources. No, that would be the responsible, non-cucked thing to do...

Old 01-19-2017, 02:59 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
If the point of this "rally", which will probably lead to more traffic jams and subsequent headaches, property damage, etc., is to inform the nation that there are a great deal of people living in L.A. who do not like Donald J. Trump, then the rally is simply a waste of time and effort since the point is already well understood by most U.S. citizens, if not the entire planet.

So then, what other purposes could this event serve?

There are only two that I can think of. The first is simply an excuse to destroy property for those who enjoy doing such, and possibly do some looting as well (e.g. "I'm taking this stack of stereos to show my discourse for the Rodney King verdict").

The other is to make supporters of Donald J. Trump feel threatened and intimidated by a show of large numbers of angry people traipsing through the streets of Los Angeles. In other words, it's an act of "soft terrorism" (i.e. "we're angry at political conservatives and we want you to feel threatened by the implication of mob violence against you").

And of course, it could be a mixture of the aforesaid.

Thoughts?

And BTW, you of course will NOT hear Eric Cuckcetti mention any of this and try to dissuade participation in this waste of our time, money, and resources. No, that would be the responsible, non-cucked thing to do...
To give unemployed millennials an excuse to get out of their parents basements for a day

Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
Pout, be destructive, whine, cry, yell, and disrupt.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:20 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,683 times
To ensure any remaining support for the liberal cause is vanquished

Old 01-19-2017, 03:23 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
To give unemployed millennials an excuse to get out of their parents basements for a day
Two sides I hate about this past decades. The millennials(my generation) thinking protesting will do anything. the older folks that don't see that all the problems millennials are facing are caused by decisions made by past generations over the past decade and getting blamed for it all the time.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,343 times
My guess is it will be a mix of personalities all screaming different things, just as any political rally inevitably evolves into by end of day. I'm assuming BLM folk will attend. Who knows what they'll be saying/doing.

But when your office building takes note of the rally's anticipated route and decides to hire extra security, lock down all entrances, and suggest employees not come in for the day...you can guess that those protesting aren't all going to be the loving and accepting left-wingers your Facebook leads you to believe.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:06 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
My guess is it will be a mix of personalities all screaming different things, just as any political rally inevitably evolves into by end of day. I'm assuming BLM folk will attend. Who knows what they'll be saying/doing.

But when your office building takes note of the rally's anticipated route and decides to hire extra security, lock down all entrances, and suggest employees not come in for the day...you can guess that those protesting aren't all going to be the loving and accepting left-wingers your Facebook leads you to believe.
What?!?! The Democratic Party isn't the party of tolerance?!?!?!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Two sides I hate about this past decades. The millennials(my generation) thinking protesting will do anything. the older folks that don't see that all the problems millennials are facing are caused by decisions made by past generations over the past decade and getting blamed for it all the time.
Everything positive and negative is caused by decisions made by people in the past. It's just that the Millennial generation want to spend their time whining and pointing fingers at everyone else instead making something for themselves. You can't live in the past. Most of them are never going to retire not because they are not working today but because they are spending more then any other generation and not saving. And they are spending on $5 coffee and $100 t shirts and other things that they don't need to survive instead of putting that money into an IRA.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

Why would Garcetti dissuade protests in a County that overwhelmingly rejected Gump?

City-data reich-wingers are under the impression that this is Alabama and they're the majority here.

Look at the way he lifts up the pad. That paper is emptier than his head.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Hard to say what the goal is . I guess to "show" the world they didn't vote for Trump.
Many ( not most ) in LA didn't vote for Obama but I didn't see Not My President protests .

Hopefully there won't be any violence .
After the election Garcetti's response was horrible . "It was a traumatic election .. I feel like protesting too .. just don't break too many laws " really ??
Such a weak "leader" and people wonder why violent crime has risen during his term .

Sorry Garcetti I'm not going to thank criminals for their service or say illegals are the backbone of our economy or any other crazy nonsense .
Would be nice to have a Mayor that had a pair .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles