Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 01:59 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times

Advertisements

Rain Room is staying at LA County Museum of Art on a permanent basis! Really worth seeing. Probably the most unique participatory art exhibit I've ever seen. They are fixing it up now, check to see when it's open again.

'Rain Room': Now at LACMA Forever | NBC Southern California

My previous post in the Fine Arts forum about Rain Room:

Visited this amazing interactive exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art called Rain Room. As the title suggests, it is a constructed room with spigots in the ceiling and a grate floor and one big white spotlight mounted horizontally to see a heavy downpour---and it's a very loud rainfall---pouring down. However, special (unseen) motion-detecting cameras pause the water when they sense your body, and allow you to walk, albeit slowly, through the heavy, soaking rain without getting wet. Simply stunning effect!

Rain Room is a traveling show, so catch it if you can, as it's definitely a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime sensual and (somewhat) futuristic experience.

Random International » Rain Room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:28 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,933 times
Thanks for posting this! I was at LACMA two weeks ago and I saw the line of people. I was about to get in line, but I was told it was a separate $10 fee. I didn't have time to go back, buy a ticket then get back in line. So now that it'll be permanent, I will check it out at my leisure soon.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:31 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
The Huntington has a tropical room but I do not know if it ever rains in there.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:33 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The Huntington has a tropical room but I do not know if it ever rains in there.
No, but condensation drips a bit from the ceiling. The Rain Room at LACMA is a fully pouring rain (but you don't get wet despite no umbrella).

Old 02-02-2017, 07:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Cool -- I'll have to check that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles