Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:01 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,147 times

Advertisements

I keep reading and notice that warner center in Woodland Hills keeps getting more and more new condos and apartments. Well if you haven't noticed there is no grocery stores or drug stores within walking distance of these warner center apartments. The Ralphs parking lot on Ventura and Topanga is a traffic nightmere. The whole foods on canoga/ventura parking lot is also a mess. Some developer should build a mixed use apartment building in warner center with a Ralph's or Vons/Pavilions in warner center. The westfield promenade is supposed to get a grocery store but not for many years away. Westfield Promenade is talking to Lazy Acres from what i heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 03:08 AM

111 posts, read 159,060 times
Since that area of the SFV wants mixed use, then I could not agree with you more that an apartment should have grocery stores and drug stores as part of the design. As the population density goes up with more condos, then more stores are necessary. The Walmart could become a superwalmart, and then it would have groceries.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a333 View Post
Since that area of the SFV wants mixed use, then I could not agree with you more that an apartment should have grocery stores and drug stores as part of the design. As the population density goes up with more condos, then more stores are necessary. The Walmart could become a superwalmart, and then it would have groceries.
I guess the old supply and demand saying.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Why does Woodland Hills warner center have no major grocery stores or major drug stores within walking distance??.
Why does it have to be "walking distance"? What exactly is "walking distance" to most people? Groceries can be purchased at the Costco that is RIGHT THERE. There is also a Ralphs that is two main blocks over on Vanowen in West Hills right next to Walmart. Also another Ralphs on Ventura Blvd and Topanga Canyon which is what can be considered "walking distance".

So you've got THREE different grocery shopping choices right there. Why do you need more? Target also has groceries on the top floor so that can be the 4th option.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Why does it have to be "walking distance"? What exactly is "walking distance" to most people? Groceries can be purchased at the Costco that is RIGHT THERE. There is also a Ralphs that is two main blocks over on Vanowen in West Hills right next to Walmart. Also another Ralphs on Ventura Blvd and Topanga Canyon which is what can be considered "walking distance".

So you've got THREE different grocery shopping choices right there. Why do you need more? Target also has groceries on the top floor so that can be the 4th option.
The ralphs is on victory blvd in west hills not vanowen. They recently renovated the ralphs on victory blvd a year ago. I guess someone living in warner center without a car can take an uber/lyft to either ralphs on victory blvd or ralphs ventura/topanga.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

That Costco at the village is pretty nice too as it seems like it's not as busy as some at least now .

Also many people even if they live close to a grocery store they don't want to walk especially if they are lugging heavy stuff like water bottles etc ..

Sure it's nice if you are just picking up a loaf of bread and milk or something .

There are also already grocery delivery services . Instacart and Amazon fresh etc . I see these becoming more popular . Of course not everyone is going to pay for that , but many people that can afford to live in expensive areas will pay for convenience.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:35 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
I live in Warner Center and I'm GLAD there no grocery stores within "walking distance". All we need are hundreds of abandoned shopping carts littering our neighborhood. And truthfully, would YOU walk the cart back to the store? I hop in my car and I'm at Ralph's in under 5 minutes. That's close enough for me. I DO wish that Vons would put in a store nearby, there are just some things I can't find at Ralph's some times. Other than that, I think we're OK as it is.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I live in Warner Center and I'm GLAD there no grocery stores within "walking distance". All we need are hundreds of abandoned shopping carts littering our neighborhood. And truthfully, would YOU walk the cart back to the store? I hop in my car and I'm at Ralph's in under 5 minutes. That's close enough for me. I DO wish that Vons would put in a store nearby, there are just some things I can't find at Ralph's some times. Other than that, I think we're OK as it is.
There's the Vons on topanga pretty close to Warner center .
The shopping cart thing is an issue in L.A for sure .
I always wonder what happens to the carts the homeless steal once they are reclaimed .. but try not to think of it too much .

Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
The ralphs is on victory blvd in west hills not vanowen. They recently renovated the ralphs on victory blvd a year ago. I guess someone living in warner center without a car can take an uber/lyft to either ralphs on victory blvd or ralphs ventura/topanga.
Doh. Thats right. The Ralphs is on Victory, Trader Joes is on the Vanowen side.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There's the Vons on topanga pretty close to Warner center .
The shopping cart thing is an issue in L.A for sure .
I always wonder what happens to the carts the homeless steal once they are reclaimed .. but try not to think of it too much .
Yeah, that's where I end up going from time to time. I try to coordinate my visits with an El Pollo Loco run. Roscoe Boulevard is pretty far out of Warner Center though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles