Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 07:39 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
They are illegal aliens regardless, they need to go. Doesn't matter if they are grandma's, guy dropping off kids or ms13, Need. To. Go. We can also send Brown, Garcetti, K. Leon, Pelosi etc. to help them in their own country.
Agreed! People who have no respect or regard for our laws, borders and sovereignty shouldn't be here. Such a simple concept so lost on so many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 08:12 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,554,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Agreed! People who have no respect or regard for our laws, borders and sovereignty shouldn't be here. Such a simple concept so lost on so many.
I probably would've agreed with you 20 years ago when I was more conservative and saw the world more in black and white. These days I think there's more grey area, and a person can still have respect for the laws of the country, but still want to do whatever they can to improve their lives and the lives of their families.

I don't think it should be a free-for-all once someone crosses the border, and there are a lot of people that should probably be sent packing. I also think that even those that we let stay (like maybe that guy in Iowa who had a family and successful business) should be required to provide some sort of reparation like long-term community service, additional taxes/fees, or other things that would help the community, depending on what that individual can offer.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:18 AM

8,347 posts, read 6,441,137 times
California has no respect for federal law, why should anybody have respect for any laws?

Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,554,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
California has no respect for federal law, why should anybody have respect for any laws?
So you never drive above the speed limit?

I don't buy into the simple argument of "they broke a law, so now they must receive the full punishment". Our justice system is flexible both in enforcement and in sentencing. At one end, I don't think anyone has a problem ignoring jaywalkers. At the other end, I think everyone would want to throw the book at a child molester. Illegal immigration is somewhere in the middle, and while I can respect that people have different views on where it lies on the spectrum, it is a spectrum, there is grey area.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 03-31-2017 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-01-2017, 11:01 AM

992 posts, read 877,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes open borders is working out great in Europe right ?
Yes they are. I'm glad you agree.
Quote:
More the merrier? But most illegals are in poverty and rely on US citizen tax payers to educate their kids and for healthcare etc .
Why should we be paying to take care of another nations citizens ?
Most undocumented immigrants are net tax contributes, not vice versa. Also, educating kids is an investment in the future. I guarantee that you were a drain on government resources as a kid, but that's okay because you are/will/have had a job and pay taxes and that have made a return on investment.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
Yes they are. I'm glad you agree.

Most undocumented immigrants are net tax contributes, not vice versa. Also, educating kids is an investment in the future. I guarantee that you were a drain on government resources as a kid, but that's okay because you are/will/have had a job and pay taxes and that have made a return on investment.
Contribute taxes by stealing an identity.

Schools have to spend resources on teaching kids English. Is anyone surprised that areas with high concentration of Hispanics have lower test scores such as Santa Ana and Anaheim (both ghetto **** holes).

Old 04-01-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Contribute taxes by stealing an identity.
Identity? What the hell does that even mean?

Old 04-01-2017, 01:11 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,825,111 times
Quote:
As in identity theft. Keep up.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you would think it's no biggie if your identity got stolen ? Sure

Old 04-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing you would think it's no biggie if your identity got stolen ? Sure
I thought perhaps it was a reference to bs cultural identity issues, and other foolishness about not wanting multiculturalism. Nevertheless, while identity theft is horrible, it isn't that prevalent when it comes to undocumented immigrants, and doesn't really pertain to a debate about sanctuary city status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles