Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2017, 01:04 PM

403 posts, read 364,828 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My bf and I are flying to SoCal tomorrow (yay!!!) and we were wondering what is the best way/route to get to the Hollywood sign? I heard the Google Maps way is incorrect so if we were to follow it, we would get lost for sure. I recently watched a youtube video where these girls filmed and showed us the "best" route that only locals know, but I heard that got shut down too?!
Also, how long/far is the hike approx.?

We will be in CA for a week but have a jam packed schedule so we're hoping to squeeze this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 01:23 PM

908 posts, read 1,306,365 times
See the link below:

Hiking to the Sign | The Hollywood Sign

Take the Mt. Hollywood trail. Assuming you're in decent shape, it's not a bad hike at all. 3 hours round trip at most. Depends if you start from the Griffith Observatory parking lot or from near the Greek Theater.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 PM

403 posts, read 364,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal88 View Post
See the link below:

Take the Mt. Hollywood trail. Assuming you're in decent shape, it's not a bad hike at all. 3 hours round trip at most. Depends if you start from the Griffith Observatory parking lot or from near the Greek Theater.
Wow, thanks!!! I'll pass it to my bf.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:17 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,103,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal88 View Post
See the link below:

I've done this 3x. Although not the fastest route, it does provide a variety of terrain as well as views which makes it a great hike.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,392,028 times
Griffith Observatory now charges for parking. $4/hour
So parking more downhill where it is free would be good if you go there. Like near the west side of the tunnel

Beachwood Canyon entrance is the easiest. Top of the Beachwood Canyon drive to the Sunset Horse Ranch
No parking ot limited parking and no sidewalks. This route will close this week. Google Beachwood Hollywood sign closure for more information about closure.

Bronson Caves trail is another route. Near the Beachwood but one big street over and down the canyon. Longer than beachwood but closer than Griffith Observatory. https://socalhiker.net/hiking-to-the...bronson-caves/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles