Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

-------------------------------------------------
Alert from our SLO community liason with LAPD, Officer Brian Espin:

"Good Afternoon,

I just finished a crime update meeting with our Detectives here in West LA. Our main area of concern are burglaries. The trend that we are seeing, Susp's ( 3-4 male black's ) driving newer rental vehicles breaking into homes in the evening hours ( 8pm ) . Susp's are watching residents leave the house and drive away. The Susp's then cover up with hoods or hats tucked in tight to obscure there face. Some recent activity, the Susp's are taking the backyard furniture and stacking them up to access the second floor patio areas. Most alarms are not activated on the second floor sliding windows. I encourage everyone to check into a neighborhood watch program or block captain program. The more vigilant the community, the less chance we give to the criminals to roam freely in our neighborhoods. Please ensure you look out for each other and if possible have some security cameras directed out towards the street or sidewalk areas. This can possibly help track the Susp's movements and we can connect the dots. "

Please forward this message to your Family, friends and neighbors.

Brian Espin #37430

Los Angeles Police Department
West Los Angeles Area
Community Relations Office
310-444-0730
37430@lapd.online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 06:16 PM

19 posts, read 11,664 times
Good to know. Keep an eye out in your neighborhood and don't be afraid to call the police, and don't be afraid of "profiling."

Old 06-13-2017, 08:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Wow how creative and resourceful of them .

Old 06-14-2017, 06:27 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
-------------------------------------------------
Alert from our SLO community liason with LAPD, Officer Brian Espin:

"Good Afternoon,

I just finished a crime update meeting with our Detectives here in West LA. Our main area of concern are burglaries. The trend that we are seeing, Susp's ( 3-4 male black's ) driving newer rental vehicles breaking into homes in the evening hours ( 8pm ) . Susp's are watching residents leave the house and drive away. The Susp's then cover up with hoods or hats tucked in tight to obscure there face. Some recent activity, the Susp's are taking the backyard furniture and stacking them up to access the second floor patio areas. Most alarms are not activated on the second floor sliding windows. I encourage everyone to check into a neighborhood watch program or block captain program. The more vigilant the community, the less chance we give to the criminals to roam freely in our neighborhoods. Please ensure you look out for each other and if possible have some security cameras directed out towards the street or sidewalk areas. This can possibly help track the Susp's movements and we can connect the dots. "

Please forward this message to your Family, friends and neighbors.

Brian Espin #37430

Los Angeles Police Department
West Los Angeles Area
Community Relations Office
310-444-0730
37430@lapd.online
So the takeaway from this is "Lets harass and be suspicious of black guys in our neighborhoods because they are black. Doesnt matter that no crime was committed. Lets just be wary of any black people".

Another takeaway is that this "officer" has the worst spelling of any officer I know. And I know a LOT of them because I train a lot of them. Im calling fake on this story.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
So the takeaway from this is "Lets harass and be suspicious of black guys in our neighborhoods because they are black. Doesnt matter that no crime was committed. Lets just be wary of any black people".

Another takeaway is that this "officer" has the worst spelling of any officer I know. And I know a LOT of them because I train a lot of them. Im calling fake on this story.
No sounds like the officer is providing detailed information/facts on the particular individuals that have actually been committing these crimes .
Not just their race but also the types of vehicles and type of clothing
Wouldn't you want the same information if there was a rash of crimes in your area ?

Would it be better if they just said " the criminals were males " ?

People shouldn't not report crime out of political correctness
That's how more crime happens .

Old 06-14-2017, 09:39 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:

Would you care this much if the suspects we're described as "white male"? Probably not.

Why not pull the gender card or age card? "Why do they have to be male huh?"

Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Here is an article about some home invasion scumbags , shows their faces .

I guess the daily news shouldn't of done that because it's "racist "

One was black and the others were Hispanic.

LAPD searches for 4 men suspected in home-invasion robbery in Van Nuys

Old 06-15-2017, 12:33 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:

No, it is not fake. It is a report I received in my mailbox and I passed it on in its entirety, per the law enforcement officer's request so that others may take measures to protect themselves against crime.

Furthermore, it would probably be a felony to fabricate an email from a LEO, so if you still do not believe it to be authentic, feel free to email SLO Brian Espin because I'm sure he'd like to know if somebody is fabricating information using his name.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles