Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

Seems like these home invasions are happening very frequently now .

---
An elderly Studio City woman is recovering after she was beaten inside her home Monday night during a "knock-knock burglary" gone wrong, authorities said.

Los Angeles Police Department Officer Tony Im of the Media Relations Section confirmed Tuesday that a woman was battered following an attempted knock-knock theft but had no further details.

Knock-knock burglars frequently work in small groups and will typically knock on a front door - and sometimes call the residence - to see if anyone is at home. If no one answers, they alert the others who then break into the home from a rear entrance, the side or a window.

Los Angeles police Lt. Todd Hankel, who oversees the Valley's Knock Knock Task Force, previously said these types of burglars typically avoid detection and confrontation and want money, guns and jewelry.

Hankel's suggestion was for residents to exit their house after making their presence known and then call authorities.

Elderly woman beaten in Studio City home during knock-knock burglary attempt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Does Hankel have a suggestion when they're knocking at the front door and others are trying to get in the back door? Does he think before speaking?

"frequently work in small groups and will typically knock on a front door - and sometimes call the residence - to see if anyone is at home. If no one answers, they alert the others who then break into the home from a rear entrance"

How do you get out of the house if they're at both doors?

This is where a gun comes in handy.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Does Hankel have a suggestion when they're knocking at the front door and others are trying to get in the back door? Does he think before speaking?

"frequently work in small groups and will typically knock on a front door - and sometimes call the residence - to see if anyone is at home. If no one answers, they alert the others who then break into the home from a rear entrance"

How do you get out of the house if they're at both doors?

This is where a gun comes in handy.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing . I guess it wouldn't be politically correct to suggest residents take gun training lessons and arm themselves but at some point isn't that what a lot of people are going to do if this continues ?

Another thing is LAPD response times are super slow .

Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing . I guess it wouldn't be politically correct to suggest residents take gun training lessons and arm themselves but at some point isn't that what a lot of people are going to do if this continues ?

Another thing is LAPD response times are super slow .
Do you remember about 1 or 2 years ago the high speed chase that ended up in North Hollywood, guy had a rifle and he got into an empty house through an unlocked sliding door?

It was carried live, he was all over the city ending in the Valley. Channel 2 news had an elderly woman on the phone who lived on the street, they were expecting a scared old lady. Well the old gal and her husband she said were sitting in their livingroom and both had guns.....dialtone.....LOL.

They said they lost the call, I suspect they disconnected the call. Can't put out that image of defending yourself.

You're right about response times. I have a friend who a few years ago had a crazy guy come into the store she owns, he was wrecking the place and there was no back door. She locked herself in the bathroom called 911 and was actually put on hold for a minute or so. The guy left before the cops got there.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Do you remember about 1 or 2 years ago the high speed chase that ended up in North Hollywood, guy had a rifle and he got into an empty house through an unlocked sliding door?

It was carried live, he was all over the city ending in the Valley. Channel 2 news had an elderly woman on the phone who lived on the street, they were expecting a scared old lady. Well the old gal and her husband she said were sitting in their livingroom and both had guns.....dialtone.....LOL.

They said they lost the call, I suspect they disconnected the call. Can't put out that image of defending yourself.

You're right about response times. I have a friend who a few years ago had a crazy guy come into the store she owns, he was wrecking the place and there was no back door. She locked herself in the bathroom called 911 and was actually put on hold for a minute or so. The guy left before the cops got there.
I don't remember that particular case but that's pretty crazy .

Something similar actually happened right next to some people I know that live in lake balboa area .
That was just a couple months ago.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:51 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,946,275 times
The mayor, the city council, and the city attorney don't want you to have access to firearms. That's reserved for the "justice affected."

Remember, we have to play by the rules - criminals don't.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:01 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,634,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post

Neither do the a*****e politicians.

The residents of City of Los Angeles are really really dumb.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:27 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,946,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Neither do the a*****e politicians.

The residents of City of Los Angeles are really really dumb.
There's no difference between criminals and the a*****e politicians. One in the same.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
There's no difference between criminals and the a*****e politicians. One in the same.
The politicians are worse in a way as they do what they do under the guise of "public service"

Old 06-15-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I don't remember that particular case but that's pretty crazy .

Something similar actually happened right next to some people I know that live in lake balboa area .
That was just a couple months ago.

It was hysterical, as soon as the old gal said her and her husband were armed, dial tone. She wasn't the scared old lady the media wanted to present.

Quote:
The mayor, the city council, and the city attorney don't want you to have access to firearms. That's reserved for the "justice affected."

I love it when they have the "turn in your guns and get a gift card", are you suppossed to present your $100 Ralph's gift card to ones breaking in?

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-15-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles