Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:11 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by themandarin View Post
why would i ever want to live on the westside?

+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMandarin View Post
Why would I ever want to live on the Westside?

Old 07-31-2017, 11:17 AM

48 posts, read 53,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Schools and holdover neighbors who haven't been priced out yet
Those are only problems if you are cash constrained YoungTraveller I'm sure will be buying a 3 M house off the Arroyo and sending his kids to 30k/yr private school.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
+1

I mean seriously, unless you work at UCLA I really don't see the point. And before anyone other than Young Traveller starts freaking out, South Bay =/= Westside.

I had dinner in the Palisades at my uncle-in-law's place last night and it's just such a pain in the ass to get to. Nice digs though, it's definitely 8 figures.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:23 AM

356 posts, read 319,976 times
What is the difference between South Pasadena and Pasadena ?

Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
One is further South (and more expensive, better schools, and safer overall).

Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
2 different cities. South Pas is much smaller and has better schools and less crime. Pasadena has more night life, jobs, culture, and top end of the market real estate.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:40 AM

626 posts, read 626,226 times
Quote:
So what you're admitting to is your information is 5 years old and it's based on the biased opinions of people's perceptions that are probably 20+ years old. Got it

Quick question: Do you know where Hastings Ranch is? As in, is it above or below "the freeway".
Ok, so what if the information is 5 years old. It is just as relevant if not more so today. At least five years ago there was a Vons over on Fair Oaks that was open, but it ain't opened now and the Wells Fargo that is still in there looks creepy and ghetto. Do you live in Pasadena or just spouting off like you do. I live in Pasadena and I live alittle SW of Hastings Ranch below the freeway actually. Hastings Ranch is pretty much in Sierra Madre and it sure looks like because the whole area looks good compared to say Washington and Fair Oaks.

You say that things have changed from 5 years ago but they really haven't. The majority of crime that happens in Pasadena happens ABOVE the freeway and around Lake, Los Robles, and Fair Oaks. The majority of problem we have in my area is the homeless or transients that live in the halfway houses off of Colorado.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:43 AM

626 posts, read 626,226 times
Quote:
So in 2017 (i.e. the present) can you please tell me what doesn't make it a great place to live?
The crime over in certain parts of Altadena that border Pasadena, not to mention the schools. That is what makes it a bad place to live. It's sad that people are forced to send their child from a neighborhood school in NW Pasadena to one that is much better in Central or Eastern Pasadena.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:33 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Why would I ever want to live on the Westside?
1. you're job is there
2. you have low self esteem and think your zip code will make up for it to a bunch of random strangers on the internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles