Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:57 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times

Advertisements

Support the NFL and disregard this nonsense...
Najee Ali, local leader of the National Action Network, a group founded by the Rev. Al Sharpton, announced in a statement, "Protests are also planned outside the L.A. Rams owned by Stan Kroenke and L.A. Chargers owned by Alex Spanos preseason games."

"My attitude is Colin Kaepernick may not be Tom Brady, but you can't tell me he shouldn't be in training camp."

Ali says during a phone interview. "He's being blackballed for standing up for black and brown folks."
NFL Faces Possible Boycott Over Colin Kaepernick | L.A. Weekly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 11:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Support the NFL and disregard this nonsense...
Najee Ali, local leader of the National Action Network, a group founded by the Rev. Al Sharpton, announced in a statement, "Protests are also planned outside the L.A. Rams owned by Stan Kroenke and L.A. Chargers owned by Alex Spanos preseason games."

"My attitude is Colin Kaepernick may not be Tom Brady, but you can't tell me he shouldn't be in training camp."

Ali says during a phone interview. "He's being blackballed for standing up for black and brown folks."
NFL Faces Possible Boycott Over Colin Kaepernick | L.A. Weekly
The ultimate dilemma for these people: if the Redskins sign Kaepernick...

Old 09-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The ultimate dilemma for these people: if the Redskins sign Kaepernick...
That was good, I need to admit it.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:17 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Kaepernick is not a good NFL QB and certainly not worth the baggage he comes with so nobody is signing him. Just like nobody wanted to sign Ray Rice after he knocked out his wife on camera. Kaepernick wouldn't get hired in any line of work now and he made $40 million before he was cut so nobody has to lose any sleep over him being unemployed

Old 09-04-2017, 01:27 PM

206 posts, read 154,442 times
I don't understand how people can keep watching this garbage (makes sense if you play football) when it is shown how the franchises don't give a rats about the fans and their hometown. They just pick up and go wherever there's more money. I am sure a lot of people have stopped watching football after the Chargers, Rams, abandoned San Diego and St. Louis.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionstars View Post
I don't understand how people can keep watching this garbage (makes sense if you play football) when it is shown how the franchises don't give a rats about the fans and their hometown. They just pick up and go wherever there's more money. I am sure a lot of people have stopped watching football after the Chargers, Rams, abandoned San Diego and St. Louis.
Actually, I was able to catch the Rams practicing for FREE at UCI. One day both teams were there! THAT was awesome. Highlights from Chargers’ joint practice with Rams at UC Irvine – Orange County Register

Old 09-04-2017, 01:34 PM

206 posts, read 154,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Actually, I was able to catch the Rams practicing for FREE at UCI. One day both teams were there! THAT was awesome. Highlights from Chargers’ joint practice with Rams at UC Irvine – Orange County Register
Well that's good for you I suppose if it makes you happy.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
I remember reading about Najee Ali , he is an ex con that is buddies with Garcetti.

He's been branded a sellout for his cozy relationship with LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, and called a mouthpiece for Mayor Eric Garcetti, whom Ali regularly praises in his column.
"I realized sometimes it is better to be inside City Hall, advocating for South L.A. as opposed to protesting outside the mayor's house," he said, a dig at Black Lives Matters protesters, who camped out at Garcetti's Windsor Square home last summer.
Link: http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...418-story.html

Why do we want a guy that's been convicted of bribery and other crimes "inside City Hall"..

He was behind that big Prince benefit that was hosted by the city too.
The city let this ex con organize the event.
Public memorial for Prince set for May 6 at L.A. City Hall - LA Times

Armed robbery, bribery are his crimes. You can read more here.
Activist gets 4-year term for bribery - latimes

He's also founder of something called "Project Islamic Hope"

This Ali guy is another scumbag that profits off of SJW nonsense.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:51 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I remember reading about Najee Ali , he is an ex con that is buddies with Garcetti.

He's been branded a sellout for his cozy relationship with LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, and called a mouthpiece for Mayor Eric Garcetti, whom Ali regularly praises in his column.
"I realized sometimes it is better to be inside City Hall, advocating for South L.A. as opposed to protesting outside the mayor's house," he said, a dig at Black Lives Matters protesters, who camped out at Garcetti's Windsor Square home last summer.
Link: Though cancer may slow Najee Ali down, the L.A. activist keeps up the fight for justice through social media - LA Times

Why do we want a guy that's been convicted of bribery and other crimes "inside City Hall"..

He was behind that big Prince benefit that was hosted by the city too.
The city let this ex con organize the event.
Public memorial for Prince set for May 6 at L.A. City Hall - LA Times

Armed robbery, bribery are his crimes. You can read more here.
Activist gets 4-year term for bribery - latimes

He's also founder of something called "Project Islamic Hope"

This Ali guy is another scumbag that profits off of SJW nonsense.
Yes, I'm guessing Al is running low on funds and is looking to raise some cash.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Nonsense? He should be employed. It's obvious why he isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles