Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 04:39 PM

397 posts, read 364,319 times

Advertisements

Is this only the beginning?

Old 08-27-2016, 04:50 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,530 times
I am a 49'er fan. He is a detriment to the team both on and now off the field.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:01 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
I understand what he is thinking, but that is not the way or venue do it at. I was really hoping he could come back, but he is making it hard for anyone to root for him

Old 08-27-2016, 05:25 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
What a piece of trash, spoiled privileged brat.

Deadbeat dad walks out at birth, his mom gives him up, he gets adopted by White parents who spoil him rotten and now he disgraces the men and women who died for his freedom, while talking about privilege. Look in the mirror you spoiled idiot.

I hope this kills his career.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:19 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
What a piece of trash, spoiled privileged brat.

Deadbeat dad walks out at birth, his mom gives him up, he gets adopted by White parents who spoil him rotten and now he disgraces the men and women who died for his freedom, while talking about privilege. Look in the mirror you spoiled idiot.

I hope this kills his career.
Oh I don't know. I fought in a war for Uncle Sam. Vietnam. It didn't protect anyone's freedom. And protesters raising awareness of that in excellent exercise of conscience were condemned just as you condemn Kaepernick. More protest should have been raised when GWB conned the nation into sending 4,000 more Americans, and a couple hundred thousand Iraqi's, to their deaths on another BS tip.

Conscientious expression and protest is an honored tradition of our democratic nation that helps bring true direction to our moral compass. Blind allegiance to a piece of cloth is nothing more than cheap, lazy jingoism. Colin's act, consider it right or wrong on the issue he protests, is intended to challenge our nation to live up to its ideals - and therefore well within the bounds of patriotism.

If you want to consider "disgraceful" acts, consider condemnation of free expression of social conscience.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
And the true irony here is that the freedom of speech that allows him to say and do this is protected by the very entity he is protesting against. He has the right to do whatever he wants because he lives in a country that protects his freedoms. But nothing protects him from potential consequences of said idiocy.
Idiocy? Read my response (above) to bmw335i.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:47 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh I don't know. I fought in a war for Uncle Sam. Vietnam. It didn't protect anyone's freedom. And protesters raising awareness of that in excellent exercise of conscience were condemned just as you condemn Kaepernick. More protest should have been raised when GWB conned the nation into sending 4,000 more Americans, and a couple hundred thousand Iraqi's, to their deaths on another BS tip.

Conscientious expression and protest is an honored tradition of our democratic nation that helps bring true direction to our moral compass. Blind allegiance to a piece of cloth is nothing more than cheap, lazy jingoism. Colin's act, consider it right or wrong on the issue he protests, is intended to challenge our nation to live up to its ideals - and therefore well within the bounds of patriotism.

If you want to consider "disgraceful" acts, consider condemnation of free expression of social conscience.
Our young men and women have died for that "silly" cloth. When you go to war it isn't necessarily about what the idiots in Washington want, it's about protecting your friends around you. It's fine to protest, but when you show such disrespect for this "cloth" it is a slap in the face to the men and women who serve in our military and who have died in our military.

Not to mention, Hillary was a big supporter for the Iraq War as well as Libya and she also wanted to get into Syria, so let's not pretend it's just GWB and his right winged friends wanting frivolous wars.

Also, Collin shouldn't be talking about White privilege, when he himself was saved and given a great life from the evil White race. He is your typical spoiled brat that would cry foul that their life is awful because they only have the iPhone 6 instead of the 6-plus... meanwhile there is real suffering and injustice around the world.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:53 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh I don't know. I fought in a war for Uncle Sam. Vietnam. It didn't protect anyone's freedom.
Well, it protected the South Vietnamese (Republic of Vietnam). At one job I had in the past, I worked with a lot of people of Vietnamese descent. All who were from the south -- the side that fought with us against the communists -- supported the Vietnam war.

There was great controversy when someone running for San Jose City Council -- Nguyen -- did not support a sign saying "Little Saigon" to identify the Vietnamese business district. The people who support the communist party in Vietnam wanted it to say "Vietnamese Business District". My opinion was that she should support it saying "Little Saigon" because this is the USA and much American blood was shed to try to prevent Saigon from becoming Ho Chi Minh City.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Saigon#San_Jose

And it did help contain the Soviet Union.

I tend to be against unnecessary wars myself...and it is easy to look back in hindsight and say that was a mistake. But it's not clear what alternative we had. We could have let the Soviet Union take over country after country. That would just make them stronger and more of a threat against us. Perhaps we could have found some economic way to prevent communists from taking over Vietnam, I don't know.

It's like dropping the bomb on Japan. I've always been against nuclear weapons, but it is hard for me to say that the President made the wrong decision, given the information presented to him. The alternative he was given was a ground invasion of Japan, which would have cost many more lives.

South Vietnam was quickly defeated after we left, and Vietnam is still communist today.

Quote:
And protesters raising awareness of that in excellent exercise of conscience were condemned just as you condemn Kaepernick. More protest should have been raised when GWB conned the nation into sending 4,000 more Americans, and a couple hundred thousand Iraqi's, to their deaths on another BS tip.
I was at some of the early protests against the war in Iraq, after I got out of the Navy in 2003. I was still in the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve, unpaid), but of course it was perfectly legal for me to be there as long as I was not in uniform. But I quit going after I saw all the "Bush is the ultimate terrorist" signs. And I later researched it and discovered that most of those protests were organized by communists. "International ANSWER" is funded by "Workers World Party" which is an overtly communist organization.

And although I was against it, you have to admit that the result was good: Iraq had freedom, for a while. Now they are dealing with ISIS.

Quote:
Blind allegiance to a piece of cloth is nothing more than cheap, lazy jingoism. Colin's act, consider it right or wrong on the issue he protests, is intended to challenge our nation to live up to its ideals - and therefore well within the bounds of patriotism.
You can salute the flag and stand for the national anthem and not agree with everything the country does. The Flag stands for the founding ideals of the nation. To disrespect it is to disrespect those ideals. It is better to salute the flag and stand for the anthem, and then protest respectfully when you get back to US soil.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Our young men and women have died for that "silly" cloth. When you go to war it isn't necessarily about what the idiots in Washington want, it's about protecting your friends around you. It's fine to protest, but when you show such disrespect for this "cloth" it is a slap in the face to the men and women who serve in our military and who have died in our military.

Not to mention, Hillary was a big supporter for the Iraq War as well as Libya and she also wanted to get into Syria, so let's not pretend it's just GWB and his right winged friends wanting frivolous wars.

Also, Collin shouldn't be talking about White privilege, when he himself was saved and given a great life from the evil White race. He is your typical spoiled brat that would cry foul that their life is awful because they only have the iPhone 6 instead of the 6-plus... meanwhile there is real suffering and injustice around the world.
Not to mention that this imbecile makes more than most whites and thus enjoys more privileges.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Not to mention that this imbecile makes more than most whites and thus enjoys more privileges.
Which has what to do with the issue he is protesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland