Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 06:59 PM

142 posts, read 120,779 times

Advertisements

I have been living near Downtown LA for 4 years and many times i've seen military helicopters flying near downtown LA over westlake heading to long beach, jet amy airplanes flying over LA also today 5:50pm i seen single armed green AH-64 Apache flying and making a circle over Westlake.

Other instances 2 Chinook's, 2 AH-64 and others flying over like once a month.

I can tell it makes me little nervous and suspicious of something happening.
So my theory it has to do with fear mongering when there's new about probable war with Russia, China or North Korea they doing this to scare population so they will support US going to war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
A Huey flew over Brentwood this afternoon at 500 AGL. Whoever you were, I'm wishing you a somewhat bad auto on your next power failure.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:38 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
I have never seen US Army helicopters training here but I have seen USMC units with Cobras and CH-46s
doing so. And of course when President Obama was in office his Marine 1 squadron was a common sight in the last few years the Osprey started replacing the CH-53s.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM

183 posts, read 207,239 times
Gunships in LA?
Sounds like they are taking part in a movie, probably around Paramount Ranch.
I've been told the National Guard can fly around/ through parts of LA. I have seen a squad of Super Cobras/Vipers(?) follow the 101 as a land marker while traveling inland.
Of course you also have your VIPs and foreign dignitaries coming and going.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:28 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
I saw a bunch of military helicopters at the Burbank airport the last time Hilary was here on her campaign.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:10 PM

451 posts, read 562,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
I have been living near Downtown LA for 4 years and many times i've seen military helicopters flying near downtown LA over westlake heading to long beach, jet amy airplanes flying over LA also today 5:50pm i seen single armed green AH-64 Apache flying and making a circle over Westlake.

Other instances 2 Chinook's, 2 AH-64 and others flying over like once a month.

I can tell it makes me little nervous and suspicious of something happening.
So my theory it has to do with fear mongering when there's new about probable war with Russia, China or North Korea they doing this to scare population so they will support US going to war.
My office is in downtown and I've seen those helicopters fly bye on numerous occasions over the last few years so I don't think there's any cause for concern or connection in any way to current events. Possibly military practice drills? I'm no authority so if anyone has a better answer I would also like to hear it.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
My office is in downtown and I've seen those helicopters fly bye on numerous occasions over the last few years so I don't think there's any cause for concern or connection in any way to current events. Possibly military practice drills? I'm no authority so if anyone has a better answer I would also like to hear it.
Maybe more Jade Helm 15 exercises?

Old 08-23-2019, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,117 times
Default Clarification of Cobra gunship at LAPD Hooper helipad

I just spoke with a police sergeant at the LAPD Hooper Helipad. I think we was a controller for that facility. He was very nice. I asked him about the military Cobra gunship landing and taking off from Hooper Helipad. He would not acknowledge that any such activity occurred and questioned my claim. When I told him that I saw it with my own eyes on multiple occasions he admitted that it might be
a joint agency training activity with the military or federal agency. He said that typically that type of information is not formally acknowledged or given out. Very interesting! Initially, he was very guarded about giving out details but did admit that it was some sort of training exercise.

The interesting part of this is that I have seen a Cobra gunship of the same vintage on at least 10 occasions. Is it some kind of recurring activity? It certainly is not a one-time deal.

The police officer I spoke to indicated that the Cobra gunship was not part of the LAPD air fleet specifically.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,778 times
I'm disappointed that LAPD doesn't have at least one Cobra or SuperCobra in it's fleet.

/s

Old 08-30-2019, 10:30 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,576 times
There are always flying around. When I lived in Pasadena I always saw one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles