Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:20 PM

24,411 posts, read 27,025,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I don't know.

Protesting Trump in central L.A. is a bit like protesting Netanyahu in Cairo.

Seems pointless.
lol exactly, it's like punishing people who support the same person as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 09:15 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,689,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I don't know.

Protesting Trump in central L.A. is a bit like protesting Netanyahu in Cairo.

Seems pointless.
Or it's like protesting Project for a New American Century at an AIPAC conference. Actually, I think I've got that backwards...

Old 11-23-2017, 04:38 AM

23,245 posts, read 29,098,666 times
I was in Argentina, in 2007, when the angry farmers were blocking roads throughout the country, but down there they're accustomed to it, no big deal! Some Argentinian passengers on the bus apologized to me, an American tourist, for the 4 hour delay, and I told them I how I wished more roads were blocked by protesters in the U.S., as we've got a long list of items to protest. No universal health care for one!

Argentinians are also famous for their pot banging protests. Bring along a frying pan and bang away, in unison, in city square for hours on end! A thousand protesters banging pots on the pavement around Pershing Square, which is your preference?

In Bolivia or Brazil, when angry about something, they can bring the whole country down to its knees.

And, you're upset about some protesters blocking a freeway, or freeway ramp, for a an hour or 2, in this work-driven, workaholic country?

Old 11-23-2017, 07:13 AM

4,567 posts, read 5,437,028 times
I am simply amazed at the stupidity. Oh, not by the morons on the freeway, but by the comments here.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:21 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,689,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

And, you're upset about some protesters blocking a freeway, or freeway ramp, for a an hour or 2, in this work-driven, workaholic country?
You have no idea who's in the vehicles that are stopped. For example, you could be delaying an important medical related visit someplace. Why do you want to hurt people who need medical attention?

Old 11-23-2017, 04:41 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,754,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Those protesters don't have the right to block traffic.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:13 AM

1,122 posts, read 964,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Is it LaVar Ball and his three boyz?
Oh my gosh - this made me chuckle.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You have no idea who's in the vehicles that are stopped. For example, you could be delaying an important medical related visit someplace. Why do you want to hurt people who need medical attention?
Thank you Exitus as this was my first thought. Prior to my grandson turning 21 - he was always taken to Children's Hospital up in Los Angeles when he was ill. MY grandson has brain damage - Cerebral Palsy not to mention a lung disease. SO YES, these people who do this are being very selfish and need to be charged and perhaps spend some time in jail. Thank you again for bringing this to the thread.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:34 AM

630 posts, read 527,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Thank you Exitus as this was my first thought. Prior to my grandson turning 21 - he was always taken to Children's Hospital up in Los Angeles when he was ill. MY grandson has brain damage - Cerebral Palsy not to mention a lung disease. SO YES, these people who do this are being very selfish and need to be charged and perhaps spend some time in jail. Thank you again for bringing this to the thread.
That is the point. Anti-Trump protesters want to convey the idea that they are the righteous one embarrassing an altruistic, just cause, but it's all gaslight. The vast majority of these protesters are Latinos, and while I understand some of Trump's statements have offended them, the goal of these demonstrations is not to promote immigration, but to promote Latino immigration to the US. No matter what they might say or think, these protests are led by Latinos, for Latinos' benefit and no one else.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
That is the point. Anti-Trump protesters want to convey the idea that they are the righteous one embarrassing an altruistic, just cause, but it's all gaslight. The vast majority of these protesters are Latinos, and while I understand some of Trump's statements have offended them, the goal of these demonstrations is not to promote immigration, but to promote Latino immigration to the US. No matter what they might say or think, these protests are led by Latinos, for Latinos' benefit and no one else.
You are right...absolutely. Did you happen to see the video of the woman who took the hat off of another student at University of Riverside? You must look at it... the woman who was arrested - a young student kept talking about "Genocide" and I wanted to smack her. I'm not Jewish but I have MANY friends who are and for her to keep saying that? Genocide and Latinos??? Really? I just saw the video two days ago. It was going viral.

By the way, the other student had a MAGA hat on and he was furious that she did this...I will bet dollars to donuts she was getting a free education as well. My 25 yr old Granddaughter can't and is an American citizen. She'd love to go to college but my daughter and son-in-law cannot afford to send her. They take care of their 22 yr old son with special needs. Trump isn't always good with words but he certainly isn't rounding up the Latinos and sending them off to gas chambers...

My neighbors are Latinos BUT they have been in America throughout generations... He owns a restaurant in Manhattan Beach. The people I know in my community are so thankful to be here - do not expect handouts and remind me of the Europeans who came before them. Who wanted to assimilate and work hard.

These protesters are NOT earning points I can tell you that. When they started yelling and screaming at Nancy Pelosi - I actually felt sorry for Nancy, I would not give them anything with how they are all acting. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles