Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 02:51 PM

21,883 posts, read 16,584,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
So us who work and are responsible has to provide a free house to derelicts.
You don’t have to provide a free house. You can continue to kvetch and rant while you walk over, through, and around them and their mess as long as you want. .... or you can accept the fact that some small percentage of people in life around you can’t compete for any number of reasons, some bad luck, some self inflicted, some just born short on ability to survive ... and realize if you don’t want to walk over, around and through their messes and pay through the nose in taxed expenses to clean up after them - you can accept the reality that since you can’t kill them and get away with it, and they will never stop showing up on the sidewalks and parks, and you can’t legally round them up and drop them off in the desert - your only other option is to participate in the normal course of society dealing with what has fallen through the cracks of our economy.

It costs less to house them than to leave them in everyone’s way on the street.

But hey, you clearly prefer to pi** and moan and pay more in taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Why should I be a expert on something that isn't even widely used in LA? I live in OC and have money. Maybe you should forward your useless links to Garcetti he's very fond of 500k rooms for the bums. You can bully me but you can't bully Trump and the Feds are coming no matter how hard you cry.
You don’t have to be an expert. You’re not an expert at anything else apparently either.

But, if you are going to go shooting off comments without knowing the slightest thing about the topic, you’re going to get called on it.

Housing First doesn’t provide ridiculous $500,000 rooms. Anywhere. But again, you wouldn’t know because you don’t care to know. Your agenda is to simply whine as much and as often as possible about things you have zero knowledge about. Because that’s your personality type, I guess

Old 12-08-2019, 11:26 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You don’t have to provide a free house. You can continue to kvetch and rant while you walk over, through, and around them and their mess as long as you want. .... or you can accept the fact that some small percentage of people in life around you can’t compete for any number of reasons, some bad luck, some self inflicted, some just born short on ability to survive ... and realize if you don’t want to walk over, around and through their messes and pay through the nose in taxed expenses to clean up after them - you can accept the reality that since you can’t kill them and get away with it, and they will never stop showing up on the sidewalks and parks, and you can’t legally round them up and drop them off in the desert - your only other option is to participate in the normal course of society dealing with what has fallen through the cracks of our economy.

It costs less to house them than to leave them in everyone’s way on the street.

But hey, you clearly prefer to pi** and moan and pay more in taxes.
Good news Vega he says you don’t have to pay taxes for the bums anymore. Although I didn’t know people that live in boats in SD have any say in the matter.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Good news Vega he says you don’t have to pay taxes for the bums anymore. Although I didn’t know people that live in boats in SD have any say in the matter.
So, you can’t address any of the actual points made, eh ... back to your thistle patch Finper ... hopefully it will remain cloudy there for you

Old 12-09-2019, 04:53 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So, you can’t address any of the actual points made, eh ... back to your thistle patch Finper ... hopefully it will remain cloudy there for you
I’m a realist. You may call me a whiner but I have seen the dire straits of LA unlike you who condemns and criticizes anyone who says it like it is while not willing to even drive through LA himself. I’m over replying to you your not helping anyone just getting your jolly’s putting people down.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:04 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,801,058 times
If you shop at the Smart & Final close to Bundy and Santa Monica, watch out for the inconsiderate homeless jerks south of the parking lot throwing their junk over the wall.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I’m a realist. You may call me a whiner but I have seen the dire straits of LA unlike you who condemns and criticizes anyone who says it like it is while not willing to even drive through LA himself. I’m over replying to you your not helping anyone just getting your jolly’s putting people down.
I drive through LA quite a bit, unfortunately. I’m in LA right now, as a matter of fact, visiting someone. Be gone by 5 am tomorrow though.

“Helping anyone?” Is that some metric you apply to your own posts? Do you think you are “helping” the situation with your uninformed regurgitations?

My entire mission in camping on this thread is to counteract the harm done by posters such as yourself who spread misinformation and generate hate that interferes with balancing public perceptions so that progress can be made.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:01 PM

8,437 posts, read 6,542,079 times
Peter Lynn LA homeless authority quit. what did the taxpayers get for the $242,000 a year he made, nothing except more homeless spreading their filth all over the place.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:15 AM

26,940 posts, read 27,150,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Peter Lynn LA homeless authority quit.
Although Lynn plans to continue working in the homeless field.

“He helped drive the conversation about how racism is intertwined with homelessness, and he elevated our housing affordability crisis as the key headwind that we face.”

In Lynn’s most recent presentation to announce the 12% countywide increase in homelessness in 2019, for instance, he took pains to explain that even as shelter and housing programs were taking thousands of people off the streets, a crisis of housing affordability was pushing even more out of their homes.

Lynn said he has been trying to shift the public conversation from the “personal characteristics of the people who are homeless ... to structural factors, like housing affordability, like lack of access to mental health, like lack of access to substance use treatment.”

Lynn said he plans to stay in the homeless field, but would like to be involved in initiatives that he sees as crucial but beyond the scope of the agency, among them mental illness and substance abuse treatment, as well as reentry programs.

“I think America, in general, provides really poor funding ... for mental health, substance use treatment,” he said. “And I will say, people are really suffering for that.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ty-lahsa-quits

Old 12-15-2019, 05:38 AM

26,940 posts, read 27,150,415 times
960 homeless people have died in Los Angeles County this year.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-solution-2019
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles