Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:47 AM

823 posts, read 1,056,376 times

Advertisements

Sorry, just realized I went on a bit of a rant on a thread started by a dog owner! Don’t mean to offend, I love dogs, just don’t want them around food or workplaces.

I think you’ll find that none of the theme parks will permit pets because of liability issues. You definitely can’t take them to the Getty.

There will be quite a few outdoor events happening by then that you should be able to take them to. LACMA has outdoor concerts in the evening, so does Santa Monica Pier, and so does Burton Chance Park in the Marina. You can definitely take them to Griffith Park, although I’m not sure whether they can go into the Observatory itself. The Grove and Third Street Promenade are both very dog friendly.

If you are staying in a hotel, contact the concierge to see if they can either help identify other places where dogs are permitted or put you in contact with a doggy daycare place in case you do want to go to Disneyland etc There’s tons of good ones around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 06:24 AM

334 posts, read 286,023 times
Those two super hungry pit bulls killed and ate their owner in North Carolina a few months ago

Old 03-28-2018, 01:18 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,737,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I hear you. I’ve seen the same thing. However I was surprised this weekend when Costco near me barred some guy trying to bring in his ESA. They told him only service animals allowed and he threw a fit. They had to call management and security. This guy’s dog had a vest that said “emotional support animal”. I think that’s the difference. They don’t have the same protections under the law.

Sorry that your work has so many inconsiderate people. That must get old.

My dog is my bodyguard. Will a "bodyguard" vest work?

Old 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM

Your dog loves you until they get super hungry.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:51 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,120 times
Please don't pretend your dogs are something they're not. Lying only hurts those that truly need them. I mean, airlines are already banning ESA's (or trying to limit it to the point of a ban).

Why not look into doggie day cares in the area? As long as they have their vaccinations (bring documentation) including bordatella, they should be okay. You may have to do a "half day test" first, but it's an option. Another option would be to hire someone to watch them for the day at their own home, or what not, from one of those apps (never used them, have no clue).

For all those that have ESA at work, your HR is stupid IF they think the HAVE to allow it by law; they don't, but maybe they do it to appease the crowd. I know lots of HR groups who are afraid of lawsuits so they allow a lot of things. Service dogs are covered by laws, ESA's are not. Yes, service "dogs", you can't have a non-dog be a service animal (well, except for miniature horses it would seem).

And lastly, yes, you CAN ASK a person with a service dog questions; two to be exact:
  • Is this animal required because of a disability?
  • What work or task has this animal been trained to perform?
Sorry for my rant. I have a close friend with a service dog and I'm surprised (and yet not) by the ignorance of mostly everyone regarding service dogs.

Service Animals | ADA National Network

Old 03-28-2018, 02:51 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Wow, what a nasty crowd on here.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Wow, what a nasty crowd on here.
I own a dog. And I know fully well what it's capable of if she goes too hungry. Two pit bulls killed and ate their owner after going hungry.

Autopsy Rules Virginia Woman Died After Dogs Mauled Her | PEOPLE.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles