Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 06:23 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I never noticed that i'll check it out when I go to my Ralphs, but I love the self checkout there though.

They need to better train their staff that supervises the self check-out, especially when it's a young kid doing it and they believe anybody over the age of thirty is incapable of self-correcting any issues with the check-out stations, and also that it's a little rude to jump in front of somebody and start pecking at the keypad without asking first, especially when I have a better idea of what the issue is than do they and they're slowing me down since I've been using computers longer than they've been alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 06:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I never noticed that i'll check it out when I go to my Ralphs, but I love the self checkout there though.
Seems a lot of Ralph’s don’t have self checkout still . You can’t buy alcohol through self checkout which kind of sucks. Some law I guess.

Lowe’s has self checkout but got rid of them but seems all or most Home Depot’s have them .

Old 08-05-2018, 06:53 PM

270 posts, read 210,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
All lines should be self checkout.
Not all because everything will be slower. The cashier can move faster than a self checkout lane. Yesterday at Target, I waited in line for self checkout but the line wasn't moving so I went to the the cashier and got it done faster.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:34 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
I was at a Winco in Seattle once and a lady with a full cart was about to take a self-checkout when the attendant firmly and authoritatively called out to her "15 items only."

It was years ago and that attendant is still a hero to me.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreysrey View Post
Not all because everything will be slower. The cashier can move faster than a self checkout lane. Yesterday at Target, I waited in line for self checkout but the line wasn't moving so I went to the the cashier and got it done faster.
Yeah it varies . Also it seems a lot of the time some of the machines are out of order.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:42 PM

95 posts, read 83,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And it should also say "no food stamps, no SNAP cards, no WIC" and English-speakers only; those who support more of the "safety net" deserve faster and better service than those who abuse it.
Can't say I agree with any of that.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
I've complained about it before. Aparently they have to put "about" because when they weren't allowed to a flat number like 15, and then reject anybody who has more than 15 items. It leads to arguments, ect.....And Ralph's likes to pride themselves on great customer service and being friendly so thats just a battle they choose not to fight

People generally don't like to follow rules even though we act like we want an orderly society. How many individuals park in the handicap spaces; drive their car down a lane when the arrows are clearly going the other way, or bring pets into a store claiming they are service pets when many times they are not, and then get pissed off when someone calls them out on it.
Speaking of parking in handicap spots .. just saw some younger kid do that . The rest of the parking lot was empty too but they didnt care of course .

Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 PM

95 posts, read 83,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreysrey View Post
They could have an IQ test people have to pass before they're allowed to use the self checkout line. The test could be taken online before going into the store to save time.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:10 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Speaking of parking in handicap spots .. just saw some younger kid do that . The rest of the parking lot was empty too but they didnt care of course .
Last time I checked that is a $365.00 ticket in Los Angeles.

Bob.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:13 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
My local Ralph's has two express lanes and it says "about 15 items" over each lane.

"About 15 items" could mean 20 or even 30 items. People are just going to ignore it. That defeats the point of an express lane. It should say "Less than 15 items," eh??

Does it say that at your Ralph's also?
Lol. I’ll check this week when I go in. I do know that Vons in my area says 15 items or less and I think Staters does too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: