Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 10:26 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,670 times

Advertisements

I like ND for neighborhood news but it also tells me that I have a lot of wacky people living near me.

I wish people would stop feeding the trolls that lurk on ND. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times
When you first join Nextdoor, how do they ask you to prove you live there?

Old 08-27-2018, 01:54 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
When you first join Nextdoor, how do they ask you to prove you live there?
They don't. I used to get asked do I know so and so? So they seemed to be trying to sorta validate people. I haven't been asked that in a while.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:13 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,670 times
They sent me a postcard with a code that I had to use to activate my account.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
Stay away from Nextdoor. I had a neighbor from a neighboring community stalking me all over social media. He was a Progressive - On Nextdoor, I had mentioned that our CVS was robbed while I was in there. Neighbors asked me what they looked like and I was honest. They were going to check their cameras. I stated they were Latinos. I became a "Racist" "White Supremacist" etc etc etc. This young man from neighboring community turned my life upside down.

He followed me on Twitter and took screen shots of what I was writing back in 2015. Back then, you could only write 140 character on Twitter. So a group of us were talking to BLM and asking why they hated the police so much. One stated (they got cocky) they were "Black and proud" - I did a little tit for tat and said "Well I am White and proud" ... This stalker posted my tweets all over NEXTDOOR. Also on our local newspaper The Daily Breeze (Online)under comments. Again this was in 2015 during the BLM protesters. They were saying Whites were privileged and all that nonsense.

I do not TRUSTS anyone on Nextdoor. The people look for issues. They get combative. I do not know what it is like now but I have become a target on there and Nextdoor does nothing. Oh, they did tell me they were sorry but this young man from what I have learned is still on there posting UNDER his wifes name.

Let me just say my neighbors are Latino and we are VERY CLOSE. There is not a racist bone in my body. I respect people ALL PEOPLE who work hard, want to raise their kids, and lead a good life. I do not LIKE CRIMINALS of any color. I have been a victim of a crime.

I had wrote into the Editor of the Daily Breeze about the 4th of July and Pyrotechnics. My stalker actually posted screen shots of my Tweets under my article / Comments. I knew one of the gals who worked at the Breeze (Toni) as I have been contributing for years. She quickly removed all that this young man put up.

Guess where this stalker started following me from? Here at City-Data. I had mentioned here on City-Data that where we live is a nice community and I guess he was looking to buy a home. Something was seriously wrong with this guy. We were this close to seeking LEGAL COUNSEL. I am 65 yrs old and have never hurt anyone.

I hope today they do not put up with garbage and people following their neighbors. What I hate about Nextdoor is the fact that you MUST use your real name. NOT GOOD. It also became political on Nextdoor.

I know there are groups trying to get Nextdoor shut down. Lots of complaints.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:31 AM

I want to also say that where I live you better LIKE everyone because it is HIGHLY diverse. We moved into my husband's family home after his parents died. We bought out the siblings Big home square footage and we LOVED the lay out. We knew where we were moving to for goodness sakes. We could have stayed in Redondo Beach and kept renting. WE CHOSE to go back to where my husband spent his teen years.

Sadly people who are rabid and looking to start trouble as my stalker was make life unbearable. Best move I made was getting away from Nextdoor. I quit the Neighborhood Watch group and just speak to my neighbors on our block who we know and knew my husbands family real well.

Our neighbor owns a Mexican restaurant in Manhattan Beach and we have watched their kids grow up and attend college etc. When our grandson died back in March - hands down I knew who I wanted to hire to cater the Celebration of Life of our grandson. They did a fantastic job for us...These are people we love and appreciate. Their daughter was on Nextdoor and saw all the stuff going on. She told me she knew my heart and what that guy was doing could NEVER change their mind about me. Drama she said....lol Stupid drama.

Last edited by CaliforniaGal; 09-03-2018 at 11:40 AM..

Old 09-03-2018, 12:43 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times
This is embarrassing, but the reason I started this thread is that a dog is often barking next door to me, and I can't enter the building or call the dog's owners on the phone. I don't know how to contact the owners of that building. I had vaguely heard of nextdoor and I asked here because I thought it might help. I did write a polite note and put in on their mailboxes. It has had no effect.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:05 AM

Robert you asked about Nextdoor and I gave you what I dealt with because I am brutally honest. It is great when it comes to animals but our Nextdoor included a lot of communities which I never understood.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:11 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
Depends on the neighborhood I guess.

On the board I'm on, I get...well....bored. Nothing but lost dog and unlicensed contractors offering to mow your lawn or fix your roof type of posts. Every so often, a 'shady character seen on a bike" post will appear but the group is otherwise pretty quiet and lame and not worthy of being too active too often on.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:17 PM

137 posts, read 100,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Your red pill is provided below.

Your links are garbage. They are the same sort of propaganda that made many of us fed up and we become Trump supporters. This alternate universe that the media and many leftists inhabit must be broken. Let's break this down unapologetically. Young black men have a huge rate of criminality. Nonetheless, we are supposed to apologize for that fact or pretend it is not so. This is not an issue with Vietnamese females, is it? Why? Vietnamese females are not known to rob, steal, commit aggravated assault., etc. Thus, people aren't sending out messages noting that they saw a young Vietnamese female going door-to-door. Therefore, the fact that people see young black men as possible criminals, however sad that might be for law abiding young black males, IS NOT RACIST BUT LOGICAL AND EXPECTED. The solution is to stop that criminality and then people will not associate that group with crime.
Soon the notice will be:

Two people wearing shirts and pants were seen climbing over fences and smashing in the back doors of several homes over the past 6 days. Because it's just a social construct and no one was able to to speak to these people to find out what gender they identify with, we can't tell you if they would be considered by most "male" or "female" and while they definitely had skin, we can't share what the shade was because that's racist. The car was a 2011 silver Honda Civic with a religious emblem on the back window but we can't share what type it was for fear of being labeled ******phobic. Anyway, these people are smashing in the windows at the back of the house and robbing the homeowners at gun point. One homeowner recognized one of the people from a post card that arrived in the mail a few weeks ago notifying the residents as required by law that a Minor Attracted Person had moved into the area, but because we don't want to appear xenophobic, we cannot share the person's ethnicity or country of origin or immigration status. Be careful out there neighbors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles