Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 07:55 AM

427 posts, read 368,356 times

Advertisements

Let's talk about the increases in the cost of living the last few years. Has anybody noticed the electric and water rate increases? And did you see they're going up even more over the next couple years? Has anybody noticed the $50 increase in car registrations annually? Has anybody noticed how much rent has increased during this rental crisis?

What else have you noticed increasing lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:57 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
The last election every tax increase was passed, I couldn't believe it. How can so many people be so dumb? As long as people keep on voting for Democrats everything is going to keep on going up. There is no hope for California. There is no end to the Democrats desire to keep on raising taxes and costs. Constantly up.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The last election every tax increase was passed, I couldn't believe it. How can so many people be so dumb? As long as people keep on voting for Democrats everything is going to keep on going up. There is no hope for California. There is no end to the Democrats desire to keep on raising taxes and costs. Constantly up.
Agreed. And as for the bragger posting above this, I get raises and bonuses as well, but there is a giant vacuumatic sucking sound of that money being taken out of my pocket. It wouldnt be as aggravating if it wasn't being given to moochers.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:09 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
I hear the drivers are aggressive as well.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:11 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Let's talk about the increases in the cost of living the last few years. Has anybody noticed the electric and water rate increases? And did you see they're going up even more over the next couple years? Has anybody noticed the $50 increase in car registrations annually? Has anybody noticed how much rent has increased during this rental crisis?

What else have you noticed increasing lately?
I pay around 20.00 more for my groceries per week lately. Restaurant prices have gone up due to the min wage increase. Of course gas prices are up. My water bill went up a little but I hear Newsome wants a big increase in water charges (not surprised). Newsome is just in 3 months and he's barely gotten started on the upcoming taxes. Get ready....

Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,826,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerere View Post
Let's not. Plenty of other threads for you to whine in.

Instead I'm going to talk about my 20% raise I got last week. In addition my boss also is going to give me a supplemental bonus mid year through which should bring my bonus this year up to 45% of my base salary. In addition my wife is getting offers for her to actually start practicing and people are crawling all over her. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a 100K signing bonus.

Man it really must suck for you if you're so poor that even notice things like 50 dollar registration increases.
This is why people hate the elite. It's all fun and games until the eventual collapse that's being intentionally accelerated right now. People won't be as smug when the pitchfork carrying mobs show up

Old 03-26-2019, 10:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
This is why people hate the elite. It's all fun and games until the eventual collapse that's being intentionally accelerated right now. People won't be as smug when the pitchfork carrying mobs show up
Or when technology like AI and blockchain come for their white collar jobs .

Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Agreed. And as for the bragger posting above this, I get raises and bonuses as well, but there is a giant vacuumatic sucking sound of that money being taken out of my pocket. It wouldnt be as aggravating if it wasn't being given to moochers.
One my kid lives here, so I know it’s hard. Good thing they don’t plan to raise $10 water rate. The bragger above probably makes minimum wage and get big raise.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Who are you joking? The people in this thread all love the elites like Donald Trump. He lowered our tax rate remember?

The people with pitch forks like Warren or Sanders are absolutely hated by Finper, MuscleCarMan or V8Vega.

What type of conspiracy theory nonsense have you been reading to make you believe a collapse is coming? And if it is, I sure would rather have money and enjoy myself now before the collapse than be poor now and then poor later.
Success is a good thing, I don't have any pitchforks. I also highly doubt rerere is telling the truth about himself, nor that he is "elite". As far as AI and block chain go, the jobs that those are going to produce haven't even been created yet. I'm sure it will bring great prosperity like the Internet did

Old 03-26-2019, 11:50 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,826,547 times
Quote:
So what? You think that once AI and Block chain magically appears that all the smart people are going to become poor? Only in your dreams buddy.
No you'll be dead just like the rest of us. AI will level the field and we will be obsolete. Listen to Elon Musk (you probably have a Tesla or aspire to have one). Get your Neuralink implant and assimilate or become extinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles