Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 05:30 PM

252 posts, read 348,425 times

Advertisements

is it just me or do people seem to not know there's extra standing space inside the rest of the train?? Why the hell does everyone crowd right at the doors?

did you guys know that you can move in to the center of the train car and stand? They have holding rails there to you know??

crowding the door way and making it difficult for people to get on and off...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 12:15 AM

1,631 posts, read 2,388,084 times
I do feel, the seating layout of the subway is a main reason for this. In almost all major cities with crowded subways, they use galley or is called gallery style seating such as NYC, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong. It allows a lot of people in the middle and feel they can just get in/out easily. LA's seating it feels difficult to get in/out if you are in the middle area. The light rail are not as wide and can barely fit on person in the ailse middles. I do think the newer trains on light rail does address this better than old trains and allows more people near the doors and also easier to get in.out

Not sure if people like sitting or standing. Sometimes youll have people standing near doors when there are still seats available. Anyway. I hope in the future LA's train system will have to change the seat configuration to accommodate more people. But there is still lots of wiggle space to prevent crowding like more train sets per hour and seat configuration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles