Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:24 PM

85 posts, read 519,877 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a house from a movie. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA, so there is no way me knowing where it is remotely located.

I cannot find it in Google at all.

What I'm looking for is the house that was shown in the movie "The Fast in the Furious" as the Police house. It was mentioned that it was built by Eddie Fisher for Elizabeth Taylor.

Does anyone have any information about this house and where it might be located. I am fascinated with this (and other types of progressive, modern) architecture, and I'd love to try and look it up on Live Maps.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
You might want to try a location scout or location agent. It more than likely, it is in Beverly Hills or Bel Air that's where movie star homes were back then.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,508,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
I am looking for a house from a movie. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA, so there is no way me knowing where it is remotely located.

I cannot find it in Google at all.

What I'm looking for is the house that was shown in the movie "The Fast in the Furious" as the Police house. It was mentioned that it was built by Eddie Fisher for Elizabeth Taylor.

Does anyone have any information about this house and where it might be located. I am fascinated with this (and other types of progressive, modern) architecture, and I'd love to try and look it up on Live Maps.

Thanks a lot in advance.
He built one in the hollywood hills, but that was well after the date your looking for. You can try and ask his daughter Carrie Fisher Feedback (http://www.carriefisher.com/home/feedback.php - broken link)

I think the house is in Pasadena.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 AM

418 posts, read 1,734,210 times
If it helps, it's the same house where Walter Matthau lived in "Hanging Up." I understand there's a documentary about the making of that movie (don't know why -- it's not like it was a particularly interesting shoot) -- maybe that would have some info.

You could listen to the comment tracks on either of those movies and see if there's some mention of them.

BTW, I did see some site that listed the house's address as 14372 Mulholland Drive, but that property is actually for sale so there are pictures of it on the web, and it's clearly not the same house.

Yes, I'm bored this morning, looking around the internet for a movie house when I should be working. Anything for a distraction.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:17 PM

85 posts, read 519,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
If it helps, it's the same house where Walter Matthau lived in "Hanging Up." I understand there's a documentary about the making of that movie (don't know why -- it's not like it was a particularly interesting shoot) -- maybe that would have some info.

You could listen to the comment tracks on either of those movies and see if there's some mention of them.

BTW, I did see some site that listed the house's address as 14372 Mulholland Drive, but that property is actually for sale so there are pictures of it on the web, and it's clearly not the same house.

Yes, I'm bored this morning, looking around the internet for a movie house when I should be working. Anything for a distraction.
Haha I appreciate your willingness to slack at work... I do the same thing haha.

I'll have to do some more looking. I found the one on Mulholland Drive and it's not the one. This one is in Pasadena from what I have gathered.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 28,779 times
has anyone found out anything further??? has anyone watched the hanging up documentary? also, which larry williams are we talking about here? because the singer-songwriter larry williams died in LA, 1980. this house is so cool!!! i need to find out more about it!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 28,779 times
........ ..... .... ... .. bump .. ... .... ..... .........

Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 28,276 times
Hello! I am actually interested in the "Hanging Up" house as well.I know that doesn't answer much but here is the address for my house. 1261 Angelo Dr.It was tore down in 2001 shortly after the movie.Now I find construction sites that brag about how they have braced the site with materials.So sad that something that widely liked is toast?Just like gordon Bunshaft's only house he designed...Tore down for another East Hampton lake home.Lottaliving talks all about preservation on it's site.
If you are interested in Round houses check out Atomic Ranch it had an article on one last year!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 AM

2 posts, read 28,276 times
Hello! I am actually interested in the "Hanging Up" house as well.I know that doesn't answer much but here is the address for my house. 1261 Angelo Dr.It was tore down in 2001 shortly after the movie.Now I find construction sites that brag about how they have braced the site with materials.So sad that something that widely liked is toast?Just like gordon Bunshaft's only house he designed...Tore down for another East Hampton lake home.
If you are interested in Round houses check out Atomic Ranch it had an article on one last year!
So I watched Fast and the Furious again and it's so the same house!You notice it differently because it's simply dressed for the police.So it may have been later than 201.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 AM

687 posts, read 1,118,933 times

The Fast and the Furious film locations

Film locations: Los Angeles

The Fast and the Furious, 2001

Director

Rob Cohen
Cast
visit the film locations

Los Angeles: Flights: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Trivia

Echo Park itself is featured in the Roman Polanski classic Chinatown

The Fast and the Furious location: ‘Toretto's Market’: Bob’s Market, Bellevue Avenue, Echo Park, Los Angeles

Rob Cohen’s Los Angeles-set street-racing movie belts along with the power and speed of a rice rocket. It opens with Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) testing his car in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, 1000 Elysian Park Avenue.
Cohen wanted to emphasise the overlooked neighbourhoods of Los Angeles and sets the world of Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) in a picturesque and popular area of Echo Park, north of downtown Los Angeles.
The Fast and the Furious location: Vin Diesel’'s house: East Kensington Road, Echo Park, Los Angeles

Toretto’s house is 722 East Kensington Road, and ‘Toretto’s market and diner’, where O'Conner insinuates himself into the community, is the nearby friendly local grocery store Bob’s Market, 1234 Bellevue Avenue at Kensington Road.
The ‘Racer’s Edge’, the garage at which O'Conner works, is an anonymous red-brick building at 1046 North Orange Drive, just south of Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood and, no, disappointingly there’s no car on the roof.
The Fast and the Furious location: the ‘Racer’s Edge’: North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles

The motorbike gang scenes were shot in Los Angeles’s Little Saigon district, way southeast of the city. The white statues are the Vietnamese Cultural Court, 9221 Bolsa Avenue, Westminster. The Asian gateway is at 9631 Bolsa Avenue.
The first big car rally filmed on Prairie Avenue, between 120th Street and 118th Street, just south of Imperial Highway in Hawthorne.
The Fast and the Furious location: O'Conner and Mia at Cha Cha Cha, Silverlake, Los Angeles

Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) and O'Conner enjoy a date at Cha Cha Cha, 656 North Virgil Avenue at Melrose Avenue in the Virgil Village district of Silverlake. This lively eaterie is also where Steve Martin and Clare Danes enjoy a first date together in the 2005 romance (based on Martin’s own novella) Shopgirl.
O'Conner and Dominic stop off at Neptune’s Net, 42505 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu.
The final race, with the train, is on Terminal Way, Terminal Island. The ‘Race Wars’ rally was filmed at San Bernardino International Airport, East Third Street at Del Rosa Drive, San Bernardino.
O'Conner is arrested at Seventh Street and Valencia Street, downtown Los Angeles. There is no ‘El Gato Negro’, which was nothing more than a set built on a vacant lot in El Segundo.
In an homage to Bullitt, O'Conner chases the bikers down the slope of Micheltorena Street in Echo Park (where you can find the mansion of both Scream 3 and Halloween H20) and on to Glendale Boulevard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles