Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:28 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times

Advertisements

I wonder why the OP is moving to Lancaster. That whole area, Lancaster and Palmdale back in the day had a lot of Aerospace jobs, I think that there is less these days. I wouldn't move there unless I had a job lined up there via a relocation of sorts, otherwise it's a less than desirable location for a lot of people.

The weather sucks, hot as hell in the summer, cold as hell in the winter, it's always windy. The wind can drive you nuts at times. I know that there is a lot of tweakers and crackheads that move out that way because it's cheaper.

I don't know, is there a specific reason that the OP chose this location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 07:40 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,730,419 times
Frank Zappa grew up there and he called it "Palmcaster".

Old 12-19-2019, 08:37 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,955,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wonder why the OP is moving to Lancaster. That whole area, Lancaster and Palmdale back in the day had a lot of Aerospace jobs, I think that there is less these days. I wouldn't move there unless I had a job lined up there via a relocation of sorts, otherwise it's a less than desirable location for a lot of people.

The weather sucks, hot as hell in the summer, cold as hell in the winter, it's always windy. The wind can drive you nuts at times. I know that there is a lot of tweakers and crackheads that move out that way because it's cheaper.

I don't know, is there a specific reason that the OP chose this location?
I wonder where are you getting this information/ opinion?

Do you have a firsthand experience living here? Or are you just regurgitating what you read on C-D forum?

I have lived here for the past 2 years and I have lived in enviable coastal cities like Huntington Beach (10 years). I can tell you this area is in no way as bad as you described. Yes they are different and here we have more of a 4 season weather, but on certain days it was cooler than LA/OC, especially in the fall where the "down under" suffers the Indian summer effect. When you're suffering the 90+ degree temperature we're enjoying the 70s cool pleasant weather.

As for summer it's hot? Ha! You have not experienced where it is HOT & HUMID. This place is DRY and pleasant! Too hot for you? That's why God invented air conditioning. This place is not as hot as Palm Springs, Las Vegas, or Phoenix yet you "down under folks" love to trash this area without a first hand knowledge on what it's like to live here.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:35 PM

23 posts, read 20,399 times
Hello! its been awhile. but packing and getting ready to move takes time. the move is made and now living in Lancaster, Ca. now a question. i am listing some stores and would any one please state if there is one of these stores are in Lancaster that have a pharmacy.
Kroger
Ralphs
Dillons
Food for Less(2 do not have a pharmacy)
Fry's
JayC
PPs
King Soopers
City Market
Smiths
Bakers
Gerbes
QFC
and if one is in Palmdale it can help
thanks all!

Old 02-01-2020, 08:57 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,822,492 times
Don't know about the stores you listed but the Wal-Mart grocery store on Rancho Vista in Palmdale has a pharmacy.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Don't know about the stores you listed but the Wal-Mart grocery store on Rancho Vista in Palmdale has a pharmacy.
(Walmart is on 10 Street West, not Rancho Vista Blvd.) Target just down the street from Walmart has a pharmacy. Costco also has a pharmacy and one does not need to be a Costco member to use it. Across the freeway from Costco is Kaiser Permanente, (with its pharmacy).

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-02-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
(Walmart is on 10 Street West, not Rancho Vista Blvd.) Target just down the street from Walmart has a pharmacy. Costco also has a pharmacy and one does not need to be a Costco member to use it. Across the freeway from Costco is Kaiser Permanente, (with its pharmacy).
There's also a neighborhood Walmart on Rancho Vista and Ave O that also has a Pharmacy.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halochef View Post
Hello! its been awhile. but packing and getting ready to move takes time. the move is made and now living in Lancaster, Ca. now a question. i am listing some stores and would any one please state if there is one of these stores are in Lancaster that have a pharmacy.
Kroger
Ralphs
Dillons
Food for Less(2 do not have a pharmacy)
Fry's
JayC
PPs
King Soopers
City Market
Smiths
Bakers
Gerbes
QFC
and if one is in Palmdale it can help
thanks all!
For goodness sake, it's time for you to do your own research now that you're here.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,822,492 times
I specified Wal Mart -- grocery store -- which is located at 3875 Rancho Vista Boulevard
Palmdale, CA 93551
This is a link to the website:
https://www.walmart.com/store/5689/palmdale-ca/details

There's also a Rite Aid in the shopping center located at 30th St. and Rancho Vista.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:02 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Frank Zappa grew up there and he called it "Palmcaster".
Knowing what he named his kids, I’m not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles