Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 07:59 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,682,331 times

Advertisements

Get it? Like stuffing ballot boxes...

But drollery aside, I'm enraged over this new system for which we severely overpaid. Firstly, there was nothing wrong with the Inka system, at least not on the end-user side. You make a little dot, and then put your ballot in the machine...done. This new system is more complex, and can confuse older people who are not tech oriented. My mother needed a poll worker to stand with her the entire time, as I was not allowed to stand with her as she voted because I was voting that day as well. If you have an older family member who isn't tech savvy, be sure to alert them that they'll need help with this new voting process.

Another issue I have is that, not only is a non-solid state device required initially to print out your blank ballot sheet, but each voting station has its own non-solid state device that prints on the blank ballot. Unbelievable! Somebody sure made a lot of money from us with this extremely cost-inefficient system, and will continue to do so every time a touch screen or a printing mechanism breaks down and needs to be replaced.

Good freakin' grief!!!

I'm so angry I want to get in the faces of every last politician who got behind this extremely cost-inefficient system and say bad words at them. How disgusting. And people wonder why our roads can't get repaired, and why we don't have the money for this or that, but we have the money to waste on this sort of thing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 09:02 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,977,909 times

Or you and your mother could just mail your ballot in like most people do.

Last edited by Texamichiforniasota; 02-28-2020 at 09:48 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post

Or you and your mother could just mail your ballot in like most people do.
Don't talk about my mother.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:12 AM

8,360 posts, read 6,449,014 times
I'm computer and phone savvy and not sure I could do it again without help. Unnecessarily complicated. My vote center was well inside a community college and hard to find and a long walk. It had many machines at a cost to LA county residents of 300 million and I was the only one voting.
The old inka dot system worked fine.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:24 PM

That $300 million price tag is ludicrous. I'm a Computer Scientist and let me assure everybody that we got thoroughly hosed with this over-priced, remarkably inefficient system. Everybody should be furious over this, considering the incessant refrain about the public coffers needing more money for rudimentary services.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:11 PM

1,485 posts, read 956,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Get it? Like stuffing ballot boxes...

But drollery aside, I'm enraged over this new system for which we severely overpaid. Firstly, there was nothing wrong with the Inka system, at least not on the end-user side. You make a little dot, and then put your ballot in the machine...done. This new system is more complex, and can confuse older people who are not tech oriented. My mother needed a poll worker to stand with her the entire time, as I was not allowed to stand with her as she voted because I was voting that day as well. If you have an older family member who isn't tech savvy, be sure to alert them that they'll need help with this new voting process.

Another issue I have is that, not only is a non-solid state device required initially to print out your blank ballot sheet, but each voting station has its own non-solid state device that prints on the blank ballot. Unbelievable! Somebody sure made a lot of money from us with this extremely cost-inefficient system, and will continue to do so every time a touch screen or a printing mechanism breaks down and needs to be replaced.

Good freakin' grief!!!

I'm so angry I want to get in the faces of every last politician who got behind this extremely cost-inefficient system and say bad words at them. How disgusting. And people wonder why our roads can't get repaired, and why we don't have the money for this or that, but we have the money to waste on this sort of thing?

You have to have your head stuck where the sun don't shine to not see that this is with the specific purpose to confuse the voter on purpose in hopes that they'll vote democrat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the poll workers are there to purposely coach non tech savy and UNinformed people to vote democrat.

This whole thing stinks of dem corruption.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:37 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,457,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
You have to have your head stuck where the sun don't shine to not see that this is with the specific purpose to confuse the voter on purpose in hopes that they'll vote democrat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the poll workers are there to purposely coach non tech savy and UNinformed people to vote democrat.

This whole thing stinks of dem corruption.
No. Don't you dare. I volunteer for every election, a total of about 20 hours with training, set-up and about a 16 hour election day. THERE IS NO CHEATING. If you're that concerned, volunteer yourself.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:39 PM

26,760 posts, read 26,869,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
I volunteer for every election, a total of about 20 hours with training, set-up and about a 16 hour election day. THERE IS NO CHEATING. If you're that concerned, volunteer yourself.
Amen to that.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:40 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,240,670 times
I'd be concerned over the voting wait times as people spend/waste more time trying to figure out the system.

What are the chances some folks will just say F-it if the wait times get too long?

Old 03-02-2020, 01:40 PM

130,555 posts, read 12,152,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
No. Don't you dare. I volunteer for every election, a total of about 20 hours with training, set-up and about a 16 hour election day. THERE IS NO CHEATING. If you're that concerned, volunteer yourself.
Right on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: