Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 08:32 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Those 'angry students' have filed a lawsuit which is the appropriate way to handle this. If Newsom forced the University system to return money to students you would be whining about overreach. IMO your hatred of Newsom has taken on a life of it's own....
Wrong on the overreach comment. They should get a refund. That they even have to a file a lawsuit to do so is pathetic. Don't tell me who I hate or don't hate.

Disgusted is a better word, and that goes the WH staff as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
https://abc7.com/health/oc-cities-fi...osure/6140917/

"ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KABC) -- At least two Orange County cities are filing legal action to fight Gov. Gavin Newsom's order closing the county's beaches.

The Huntington Beach City Council on Thursday voted 5-2 to pursue a legal challenge against Newsom's order.

Governor Newsom's mandate to close all beaches in Orange County today was a jarring decision that significantly impacts us here in Huntington Beach," said Huntington Beach Mayor Lyn Semeta. "Given that Orange County has among the lowest per-capita COVID-19 death rates in California, the action by the State prioritizes politics over data, in direct contradiction of the Governor's stated goal to allow science and facts to guide our response to this horrible global pandemic."

Excellent news! Time to stand up to this imbecilic tyrant of the lowest order.
It's become an embarrassment.

And the only reason he wanted to open the public schools was to get the federal funding, it wasn't about concern for the children's education.

Quote:
Wow, how could that be? Our city-data experts have told us what an out of control tyrant he is
Glad you find this so funny. People losing their jobs. An economy that will now rival the GD.

Maybe you're not aware of the growing frustration and anger with the CA EDD. People who applied 4 weeks ago, still haven't gotten a check. So when we start to see civil unrest here and in other parts of the country remember how amusing this all is.

I am ashamed of this country, and don't give either side a pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 08:45 AM

172 posts, read 362,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

it's become an embarrassment.

And the only reason he wanted to open the public schools was to get the federal funding, it wasn't about concern for the children's education.
Bingo! We have a winner.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:51 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
...Don't tell me who I hate or don't hate.
lmao Pretty amusing coming from the rabid poster who regularly defines other posters’ characters of being selfish and self-absorbed and morons - without knowing squat about them.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
lmao Pretty amusing coming from the rabid poster who regularly defines other posters’ characters of being selfish and self-absorbed and morons - without knowing squat about them.
Pot meet kettle.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
"Poll conducted online in English and Spanish April 16-20 among 8,800 registered voters statewide. Results for the full sample have an estimated margin of error of 3 percentage points in either direction. Note: In some cases, numbers do not add up to 100% due to rounding."

The fact you conclusively conclude the majority agree with your position from an online poll that polled in only 8,800 people from only 2 language groups is comical. Such a laughable sample
size would be tossed out in ecology.

Notice the emphasis you two put on polls making you think the "majority" of people agree with you. Basic human nature. You just demonstrated the simple idea that if people believe the "majority" of individuals feel a certain way about something, we should go along with how the majority think. Simple herd mentality is all these these polls are designed to create. Worked last time, right?

Newsom is still a tyrant, an idiotic one at that no matter what his sycophant fans believe.
That ^ didn't make much sense, I will try to read it again after I drink some coffee...

Old 05-01-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
That ^ didn't make much sense, I will try to read it again after I drink some coffee...
Let me simplify it for you:

You conclude the majority agree with your position from an online poll that polled in only 8,800 people from only 2 language groups. That is comical.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:18 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Wrong on the overreach comment. They should get a refund. That they even have to a file a lawsuit to do so is pathetic. Don't tell me who I hate or don't hate.
Disgusted is a better word, and that goes the WH staff as well.
It's become an embarrassment.
Glad you find this so funny. People losing their jobs. An economy that will now rival the GD.
Maybe you're not aware of the growing frustration and anger with the CA EDD. People who applied 4 weeks ago, still haven't gotten a check. So when we start to see civil unrest here and in other parts of the country remember how amusing this all is.
I am ashamed of this country, and don't give either side a pass.
Newsom is not causing people to lose their jobs, the virus is, and if you want to blame someone then you need to take a look at dear leader who ignored the virus for months even though he was alerted to it in numerous briefings.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Pot meet kettle.
Quote me ... waiting.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Quote me ... waiting.
Just look at your "Russian" trolls hysteria posts. Take the tin foil hat off, it might help get the blood circulation going.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Just look at your "Russian" trolls hysteria posts. Take the tin foil hat off, it might help get the blood circulation going.
No hysteria there, Roo. Read his posts. Ask a linguistics expert. Hilarious in any case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles