Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 08:16 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
To the contrary, the economy of California is superior. Name one single thing Tennessee has been able to do that equals what California has accomplished?

Your bias is driven by jealousy and political posturing, nothing more.
Well we do have some of the lowest taxes in the nation (48/50 overall tax burden) while being #1 for fiscal stability. We don’t embrace criminal illegals. Nor do we pay for their healthcare.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...scal-stability

I lived in your disgraceful state....you think I’m jealous? Lmao. Disgusted more like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 08:36 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Well we do have some of the lowest taxes in the nation (48/50 overall tax burden) while being #1 for fiscal stability. We don’t embrace criminal illegals. Nor do we pay for their healthcare.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...scal-stability

I lived in your disgraceful state....you think I’m jealous? Lmao. Disgusted more like.
LMAO..yet you can't stop posting here. Get on with your life in lovely TN (which I have no beef against).

I remember when you moved from CA you were complaining about having to pay for parking while at Doctor visits in LA as if this was some kind of affront to decency.

Not everything will be the same as back home when you move to new state...just ask Jethro.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:33 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergo Para Bellum View Post

Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat:
But I thought the Proud Boys were going to loot and then use their tiki torches to burn down everything...

The leader of the Proud Boys is black. He was stabbed by mostly peaceful BLM protestors.
Exactly. That was sarcasm on the part of Exitus Acta Probat.

But the Leftist media liars can't ever tell the truth, can they?

Old 11-10-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
LMAO..yet you can't stop posting here. Get on with your life in lovely TN (which I have no beef against).

I remember when you moved from CA you were complaining about having to pay for parking while at Doctor visits in LA as if this was some kind of affront to decency.

Not everything will be the same as back home when you move to new state...just ask Jethro.
Hah. You remember me and what I actually said? That was five years ago. I’m flattered but you might want to consider another hobby other than CD.

And yes, paying for parking everywhere was the biggest PITA. At said doctor’s office you had to pay to park on the street but then make sure you move your car by 3 because they’ll tow the whole side of that street. So then you go pay somewhere else. However I didn’t get one parking ticket in the 2 years I was there, haha.

You’re also flattering yourself by saying “I can’t stop posting here.” Feel free to check my history over the last several years and see that I rarely, rarely post in any California or LA forums.

The Jethro comments are hilarious. This Jethro is laughing all the way to the bank since he bought a house that has skyrocketed in value almost to a level of ridiculousness because people are moving here from cesspool liberal ruined areas....like California. One of my neighbors is from San Diego, lol.

Be fake elitist all you like, unlike the middle class there I won’t have thrown away hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars on rent and end up with nothing but an apartment I don’t own at age 65.

Old 11-10-2020, 11:36 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:

And yes, paying for parking everywhere was the biggest PITA. At said doctor’s office you had to pay to park on the street but then make sure you move your car by 3 because they’ll tow the whole side of that street. So then you go pay somewhere else. However I didn’t get one parking ticket in the 2 years I was there, haha.
Exactly. You came to the big city and thought everything should be offered to you on a silver platter. You are a bit like the person who goes to the most popular restaurant in town and complains about the lines and prices!

Quote:

The Jethro comments are hilarious. This Jethro is laughing all the way to the bank since he bought a house that has skyrocketed in value almost to a level of ridiculousness because people are moving here from cesspool liberal ruined areas....like California. One of my neighbors is from San Diego, lol.

Be fake elitist all you like, unlike the middle class there I won’t have thrown away hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars on rent and end up with nothing but an apartment I don’t own at age 65.
You misconstrued the Jethro comment. That fictional show was actually a critique of wealthy elites. But being the trooper that he was...Jethro rarely complained about his new hometown.

I am the "fake elitist" when you are bragging about your home's value. Nobody cares how big or how much your house is worth. I never brought up your income or home size, etc. We don't care.

Anyway, I have an aunt who moved to TN in the 1970's...she lived there until her untimely death about 10 years ago. I have zero issues with TN...it is a fine place.

Finally, I did a five year stint on the east coast before moving back to where I was raised (LA County) but I have never found the need to post about how bad or different it was there. Because I know that no matter where you go there you are.....it ain't the boogeyman of California or TN or NYC that is the issue.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Exactly. You came to the big city and thought everything should be offered to you on a silver platter. You are a bit like the person who goes to the most popular restaurant in town and complains about the lines and prices!
That’s a good try, but more like I hated Los Angeles because every single thing was a hassle there. My doctor there you remember so well told me the vast majority of his patients were on Xanax. You spend half your life stuck in traffic there, fun. Basic errands in my somewhat immediate vicinity would take half of a day.

Quote:
I am the "fake elitist" when you are bragging about your home's value. Nobody cares how big or how much your house is worth. I never brought up your income or home size, etc. We don't care.
No offense but I guess you don’t own real estate either. I wasn’t bragging about my house. I just said that building wealth by buying a house, that’s what the lower to middle class to upper middle does here unlike there. I’m in my late 30s, only one couple we know out of all of our friends doesn’t own a home. It’s not bragging it’s just facts. I own a nice home on a corner lot 1/4 of an acre. Never ever, ever people in my face. My mortgage payment is literally half the rent for our apartment there. We’ve built just about six figure equity by just sitting here for four years, RE is insane.

Quote:
Anyway, I have an aunt who moved to TN in the 1970's...she lived there until her untimely death about 10 years ago. I have zero issues with TN...it is a fine place.

Finally, I did a five year stint on the east coast before moving back to where I was raised (LA County) but I have never found the need to post about how bad or different it was there. Because I know that no matter where you go there you are.....it ain't the boogeyman of California or TN or NYC that is the issue.
Sorry about your aunt, and that’s nice you like Tennessee, but I have the right to express my opinion here. Feel free to put me on ignore list. Someone asked what we’ve accomplished that California hasn’t, and I responded with the fact that we have the lowest taxes in the nation while being #1 for long term fiscal stability. So, we can manage our budget and Republicans obviously get something right. But yes, you can’t really compare the states. 40MM vs 7, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles