Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 06:48 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,271,358 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.

I am a big baseball (Houston Astros fan) and am planning on going out to LA for the game this year. Any recommendations for out of towners on what to do that weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 07:19 PM

4,587 posts, read 5,462,558 times
Where are you staying? The game is on a Tuesday, are you staying the weekend before or after?

Old 06-18-2022, 10:07 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,391,174 times
Don't wear a Giants jersey and don't skimp on parking. Both can get you killed.

Are they still requiring proof of the shot or negative covid test?

Old 06-19-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Where are you staying? The game is on a Tuesday, are you staying the weekend before or after?
I have booked a hotel in the Glendale/Pasadena area for that Monday and Tuesday.

Aiming to get into the area on Friday/Saturday and am trying to figure out the best place to stay then.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Don't wear a Giants jersey and don't skimp on parking. Both can get you killed.
I won't have to worry about the Giants gear as I have none!

I was planning on wearing some Astros gear on game day. Do you think that'll be safe to wear?

I know there's some animosity between the Dodgers and Stros' from the whole trashcan scandal/World Series.

Quote:

Are they still requiring proof of the shot or negative covid test?
Not to my knowledge.

Old 06-19-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post

I was planning on wearing some Astros gear on game day. Do you think that'll be safe to wear?

I know there's some animosity between the Dodgers and Stros' from the whole trashcan scandal/World Series.

Not to my knowledge.

I wouldn't advise wearing anything but Dodger blue unless you don't mind the risk of being beaten to death.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-cri...ry?id=62068770

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...icle-1.1621252

Old 06-19-2022, 12:30 PM

4,539 posts, read 10,653,638 times
Quote:

Not to my knowledge.
You will get heckled for the Astros gear. I recommend being modest and kind. Make friendly with those seated around you, be self deprecating. Being a loudmouth isn’t against the law, but it is what gets opposing teams fans into trouble at Dodger Stadium.

The Astros are probably public enemy number 2 in LA after the Giants.

Old 06-20-2022, 06:03 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,998,823 times
Quote:

Not to my knowledge.
I've been to several Dodger games in Astros gear since 2017 and no one cares. You might get some light ribbing but do it back, be friendly, and all is good. Only once did it get a little heated and only because my drunk friend from Houston was standing up yelling hard at an Astros home run, and some vatos stared us down but they werent doing anything.

Old 06-20-2022, 09:21 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,716,802 times
Quote:
I wouldn't advise wearing anything but Dodger blue unless you don't mind the risk of being beaten to death.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-cri...ry?id=62068770

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...icle-1.1621252
Gotta remember that this game is going to be expensive for even cheap seats. I'm not sure a lot of people who spend that kind of $ are going to want to get in a fight.

If it was a regular season game then yes I'd say you probably don't want to wear an Astros jersey if you're in a particular seating area if you plan on being loud and annoying.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Gotta remember that this game is going to be expensive for even cheap seats. I'm not sure a lot of people who spend that kind of $ are going to want to get in a fight.

If it was a regular season game then yes I'd say you probably don't want to wear an Astros jersey if you're in a particular seating area if you plan on being loud and annoying.
Probably so, but who are you going to impress by wearing a Astros (or Giants) jersey?

After I escaped my incident I decided that I would never do that again. All it takes is 1 drunken loon to ruin the rest of your life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles