Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,068,581 times

Advertisements

I did some research on Los Angeles... and found out about the cities of Bell, Maywood, and Cudahy.

Cudahy mainly consists of Central and South American immigrants and has a large population density.

Apparently some citizens complain that the local politicians are like "caciques" in Latin America (See http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss )

Cudahy, in LAUSD, has the following schools assigned:
*Teresa Hughes Elementary School (Cudahy)
*Park Avenue Elementary School (Cudahy)
*Elizabeth Learning Center (a neighborhood school in Cudahy for grades K-8 and a magnet high school for grades 9 through 12)
*Ochoa Learning Center (a neighborhood K-8)
*Bell High School (Bell)

At least one other elementary school is under construction in Cudahy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
ya when i think of cudahy i think of a bunch of trailer parks and apartments. befroe it was all Okie, but now even the poorest of the porr white flighted out of there! ja ja ja. thats the funniest thing. thank god i dont live there. but whats your point sir? aside form trying to stir up more anti immigrant rants on here?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ya when i think of cudahy i think of a bunch of trailer parks and apartments. befroe it was all Okie, but now even the poorest of the porr white flighted out of there! ja ja ja. thats the funniest thing. thank god i dont live there. but whats your point sir? aside form trying to stir up more anti immigrant rants on here?
What's my point? I wanted to learn more about Cudahy, since I was curious about the cities south of central Los Angeles.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
I did some research on Los Angeles... and found out about the cities of Bell, Maywood, and Cudahy.

Cudahy mainly consists of Central and South American immigrants and has a large population density.

Apparently some citizens complain that the local politicians are like "caciques" in Latin America (See http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss )

Cudahy, in LAUSD, has the following schools assigned:
*Teresa Hughes Elementary School (Cudahy)
*Park Avenue Elementary School (Cudahy)
*Elizabeth Learning Center (a neighborhood school in Cudahy for grades K-8 and a magnet high school for grades 9 through 12)
*Ochoa Learning Center (a neighborhood K-8)
*Bell High School (Bell)

At least one other elementary school is under construction in Cudahy.
Why are the elementary schools of importance?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why are the elementary schools of importance?
They serve the residents of Cudahy.

In 2000 39.9% of the population of Cudahy was below 18 years of age. Since the 2000 per capita income was $8,688, I would believe that most, if not almost all Cudahy residents are in LAUSD schools

Old 01-09-2007, 08:17 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
I'm not sure where you folks are from...But don't be amazed by CUDAHY, Los Angeles County has numerous predominantly Latino neighborhoods. Latinos are the majority of Los Angeles County.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:30 AM

yes sir. the surrounding cities of Southgate, HP, even watts are predominantly hispanic. usually a 93 to 98% hispanic. the schools score poorly tho due to, in my opinion, dinasour schools. bitter dinasour teachers, etc. but really the populations in these areas got denser and denser as the years went on, while the schools stayed the same. until recently are kids retunring to a "traditional" school year as opposed to the "year round" schedule. imagine that, kids havin the summer to play in the street all day, or visit their lebanes cousins for a couple weeks. anyhow, this is the first itme the LAUSD has built so many schools, especially in the neglected region of the southeast cities. the schools are just now starting to adapt to the population shift that has occured in the southeast area adjacent to los angeles proper in the last 25 to 20 years. its gonna take some time. but the people in these neighborhoods are good hard working people , like all places you have pariahs tho. and that does effect even schools. i do beleive tho that with all these new schools, they wil continue to make the hoods look nicer and most people in those areas value education and award winning architectual masterpieces of education. pride of ownership really. nice cleans schools, make people want to have nice clean houses. it is funny to drive thru neghborhoods where brand bew schools have been built and see all the houses undergoing some form of reface. you still have little shacks, but people dont like being the ugly house. ugly yard. in cudahy tho, that might be a differnt story. thats not really a single family home type of place unfortunately. but i do believe the schools in CDY will help make that former ranch town be a better place. any more info on CDY you might want sirs/dames?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Hey, the one, are there any plans to build new grocery stores in the Bell/Maywood/Huntington Park/Cudahy area? I notice that VON's closest store is in Downey, with the second closest in Montebello and third closest in Paramount...

Old 01-11-2007, 12:54 AM

vons? ralphs? no its their second cousin food 4 less thats rules in those parts of town. or some gonzales, rodriguez, liborio market. just like in all other desnely latino populated areas. im sure a big chain chain might end up there. they got quite a few starbucks. home depot in HP even a ballys. but i have yet to see one of those. really those grocery stores dont exist in the area bounded by the 110 and 710 and the 10 and 105. the areas east and south or southeast of DT. hummmmmm

Old 01-11-2007, 02:53 PM

There are Home Depots in:
* Huntington Park
* Commerce
* Downey
* Paramount
* Pico Rivera

Perhaps a HD can be opened in South Gate, one can be opened in Montebello, and one can be opened in Bell, Maywood, or Cudahy.

Also, I believe LAUSD should build a new high school in Cudahy or Maywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles