Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 PM

14 posts, read 52,313 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the San Gabriel Tribune and the Daily News recently and found out that there have been so many crimes (stabbing, car to car shooting, burgularies and house-party/shooting) laterly. Wonder if these crimes show a trend of crimes getting out of control in these areas? They definitely have made me feel very nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:50 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,418,289 times
By all of my encounters, Glendale feels like the safest place in LA.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
By all of my encounters, Glendale feels like the safest place in LA.
Yes, it is, year after year.

Papers and news telecasts are businesses. I live with someone who was in news for a decade and a half. It's about whatever pulls in the most people.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,616 times
From my little corner of the San Gabriel Valley, things look wonderful. It is quiet, safe and lovely around here.

News organizations just LOVE to paint things red. Often they can single-handedly ruin the things and people they write about. Don't let 'em get to you.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:29 PM

16 posts, read 100,981 times
it is safe at times, but you jus need to watch out for these gangs and your good.
Hispanic gangs:mainly Surenos
Asian Gangs: TRG tiny raskal gang
ABZ asian boyz
VBZ : vietnamese boyz

Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM

571 posts, read 1,932,072 times
Glendale is about the safest place you can find in Los Angeles. I've lived here 5 years and my husband grew up here and the only crime we've ever known is gang-related hits that didn't endanger anyone innocent. Also, the majority of this will be on the south side because it's closer to Los Angeles. That being said, we live 1 block from major gang territory and never feel unsafe or see anything bad. Recently there were 2 robberies, one at KFC and one at a jewelry store in the mall, but these were likely people that were not residents of Glendale - because as everyone in Glendale knows (and most people outside of Glendale too) the cops here are REALLY on top of things. Every experience I've had with them has been great and their presence is very visible and respected in the community. Their response time is excellent as well. I've had to contact them for small things before (stolen cell phone, someone coming to our apartment wanting to take scrap metal from an abandoned autoshop in front of our apartment and a neighbor who knew the owner called the cops). They were always very nice and never acted as if we were crazy or wasting their time. I had to contact LAPD once and they don't have time for ANYBODY.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Glendale is as safe as it gets I would guess as well as many parts of SGV, like
Sorcerer68 said, you will see in print and watch on TV whatever stories that will sell. My husband started his career as a newspaper reporter, it has always been, print what sell. Nice human interest stories don't sell, sensationalism does..

Nita

Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,517 times
Wasn't a woman shot in the face at her house one morning in Burbank? Cops think it was a "hit" via mafia.

620EASTGC
Do the Asian gang members beat-up other kids just for the hell of it? Last year guys were beaten-up\ robbed in Silverlake by young gang members [strangely all the victims were young adults so maybe it was a gang initiation thing].

Old 11-10-2009, 11:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
re the OP, no, not so much --- more of a redefinition of crime (from a country with highest incarceration in the world)
its not grand auto theft its joy riding. its not a rape or murder its a personal incident.
its not a gang rape of a teacher in a school in the stairwell, its a grabbing incident.
the new california swine flu aka the terrible misunderstanding

Old 11-10-2009, 01:40 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,583 times
In the part of Pasadena we live in I never see anything even remotely resembling sketchiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles