Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 09:52 PM

237 posts, read 915,226 times

Advertisements

We moved to vegas from jersey thinking there was alot of acting jobs here , theres not but there are tons of strip clubs and hookers everywhere i look so i don't think were going to raise our two children here , but i need to find a good area of LA or sourounding cities with good schools pasadena, beverlywood beverly hills etc. what do you think is a good AREA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
sjd

57 posts, read 217,341 times
santa clarita area is good. You might want to look up some websites that give you school info, and area info. Good luck with that acting thing. I did it for many years. Check out Talenthunter.com to get casting info. You need to pay, but they send you a lot of info and places to send you resume and headshot into. It is a good resource. (No I do not work for them, I just tried out their service one time) If i could go back and do the acting thing again, I would do it a lot different than I did. If you need a website to check out areas and schools, visit: www.prurealty.com/steve.dawson (broken link) It should answer a lot of your questions. Again...good luck

Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 PM

237 posts, read 915,226 times
Default Talent Hunter Is A Scam

They Had An Ad On Craigs List Vegas For Extras For Sopranos .. When I Lived In Jersey I Was An Extra 3 Times On There And Made A Freind That Works For The Casting Company That Does All The Casting In Ny And Nj For The Show I Called Him Never Heard Of Them And The Jobs They Supposed Were Avaliable He Laughed And Said They Not Doing Any Casting .. What Would U Do Different With The Acting I Would Love The Advice..

Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,338,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
We moved to vegas from jersey thinking there was alot of acting jobs here , theres not but there are tons of strip clubs and hookers everywhere i look so i don't think were going to raise our two children here , but i need to find a good area of LA or sourounding cities with good schools pasadena, beverlywood beverly hills etc. what do you think is a good AREA.
I lived in Vegas for 3 years and I have to ask you while desparately trying to keep a straight face...you find more strippers and hookers HERE?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
All of Nevada in not like Vagas. Before moving to Los Angeles you might think about looking into other towns in Nevada.
Los Angeles may be alot worse than Vegas. But if you do go to LA use grate care where you move to and the schools.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,338,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
I lived in Vegas for 3 years and I have to ask you while desparately trying to keep a straight face...you find more strippers and hookers HERE?
I just re-read your question and realised I misunderstood you. Vegas sucks, you'll be surprised how much easier it is to live in L.A. and how much nicer the people are. Vegas is brutal. You don't have to go to BH to find a good area. L.A. is so diverse that you need to decide what it is you're looking for. Decide where things like culture, being close to the ocean and home affordability are on your list and go from there. I'll be glad to help. BH is nice if you have your own armored truck.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
You got a problem with strippers and hookers???

Old 04-09-2007, 10:53 AM

196 posts, read 1,237,270 times
Vegas has as many good areas os many other areas, most people only know Vegas Strip, and not the residential areas elsewhere in Vegas and other towns in Nevada.

About good areas in LA, many, many, many, at least you wanna a all white area, Vegas isnt, theres many affordable areas everywhere in the county, the city, the valleys and the metro counties. I would try Pasadena, south pasadena, glendale, burbank, northridge, arcadia, el segundo, torrance, if you dont mind living a couple of miles away from downtown, and you cant pay those very best enclaves of Los Angeles Westside, the hills or the beachside. Here are as many blue-collar and middle-class areas as in every other place in the States.

Safety? well, this is not a town in Delaware, this is Los Angeles, Los to the friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles