Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You don't want to include Webster (where I went many years ago) in that movement?

I looked at the Greatschools site for Emerson ; it's remarkable that it came in no better than Twain or Palms (back when LAUSD had junior high schools, not middle schools, those schools were considered more problematic than others on the west side, certainly worse than Emerson or Webster).

I may have mentioned that the people who I know whose kids attend Palisades do NOT live in the Palisades. As a charter it's open to kids from throughout the district.
Yeah - I wonder how many slots are open to people outside of the Palisades zone? I wonder how easy it is to "get in" Palisades? In Houston ISD, a lot of people apply "out of zone" to Lamar and Bellaire high schools and to Pershing, Pin Oak, and Lanier middle schools; the said schools are thought to be the best comprehensive schools in central Houston.

By the way, I suppose we could add Webster too - LAUSD seems to have a lot of terrible middle schools, so we need to salvage as many as we can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Yeah - I wonder how many slots are open to people outside of the Palisades zone? I wonder how easy it is to "get in" Palisades? In Houston ISD, a lot of people apply "out of zone" to Lamar and Bellaire high schools and to Pershing, Pin Oak, and Lanier middle schools; the said schools are thought to be the best comprehensive schools in central Houston.

By the way, I suppose we could add Webster too - LAUSD seems to have a lot of terrible middle schools, so we need to salvage as many as we can!
From the impression I get, quite a few are open to people outside of the Palisades zone. It seems like it would be quite easy to get in there.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:35 PM

196 posts, read 1,237,270 times
if you want the best for your kids and you dont mind spend the rest of your life in a road, try OC cities as Costa Mesa, Newport, Irvine,....or northwestern section of SFV as Agoura Hills or Calabasas, very good cities, very good schools but far away from the core part of the city and the westside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles