Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,489 times

Advertisements

Great site! Looking for your advice: I live in the Bay Area but would telecommute to Van Nuys (Sepulveda Blvd) for a job by flying in and out of the Burbank airport every week. Fly in Sun or Mon, fly out Thurs or Fri. Looking for place to rent for two, with other professionals in the 40 year-old age range. Would start work at 9am-ish. Money isn't the first priority, but convenience and a place with like-minded people around. Apt, condo or house are OK. What area or complex would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt91175 View Post
Great site! Looking for your advice: I live in the Bay Area but would telecommute to Van Nuys (Sepulveda Blvd) for a job by flying in and out of the Burbank airport every week. Fly in Sun or Mon, fly out Thurs or Fri. Looking for place to rent for two, with other professionals in the 40 year-old age range. Would start work at 9am-ish. Money isn't the first priority, but convenience and a place with like-minded people around. Apt, condo or house are OK. What area or complex would you recommend?
I don't know the areas in great detail but I have a general feel. Look around Ventura Boulevard between maybe Balboa and east towards BUR airport; Nicer area, close to freeways to both BUR and Sepulveda in VNY.

Work this:

HousingMaps

Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM

448 posts, read 1,606,360 times
Default Close to Van Nuys

Van Nuys has it's nice areas, but also has some not so nice areas. My recommendation is looking to Sherman Oaks, which borders Van Nuys to the South. This is a much nicer area with working business professionals and a safer community. It owns a large part of the famous Ventura Blvd stretch, so lots of development, food and shopping available there.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,489 times
Jamescheeky and Charles, thanks for your tips! I looked around in Sherman Oaks near the Courtyard by Marriott; not bad. Another interesting place I happened upon was the so-called "Arts District" in North Hollywood. I was there around 11:00am and there were lots of people sitting outside having coffee, etc, so maybe it's more of a 20-something hangout. There was a massive new apt building called noho14. Anyway, I'll keep looking, thanks for your tips.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:42 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
[I am a] professional in the 40 year-old age range.
Quote:
there were lots of people sitting outside... more of a 20-something hangout.

Sounds like a plan.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:36 AM..

Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM

448 posts, read 1,606,360 times
Yah, the NoHo Arts district tends to cater to the younger generation, but it's very diverse. They are doing a LOT of development around there so you may want to make sure you're not in a loud area full of construction. The NoHo14 looks very nice from what I've seen. Let us know what you end up deciding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: