Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2006, 04:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,888 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I was surfing for a forum to get some help and found city-data.com.

I have been thinking of moving to L.A. for about six months and study there, for example at UCLA. Right now I'm studying to pharmacist at Gothenburg University, Sweden. I'm planning to move to L.A. in about one year. I'm wondering if someone knows if UCLA has pharmacist program or courses?

I have a few friends that are studying at Santa Monica College, but what I have heard, that is only a community college who doesn't educate pharmacists.

Is Westwood Blvd a.k.a Irangeles a good place? Many of my persian friends have talked about it (I'm also of persian descent) and it has only been good things. Is it true that it live over a half million persians in L.A. (mostly in Santa Monica, Westwood, SF Valley, Beverly Hills etc)?

Thanks for all answers I can get and I hope it wasn't to much. My english isn't excellent so have a little bit indulgence

milad418
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2006, 06:05 AM

4 posts, read 48,241 times
Westwood blvd is a good place, probably, to most people. It's filled with restaurants, shops, cinemas and cafes. And it's at a convenient location, close to the beach and more. It's the central street of UCLA's student body.

It's true the L.A. has the largest concentration Persian population outside Iran. The same goes for Armenian, Korean, Hungarian, Israeli, Philipino, Thai, Salvarorans, Guatemalans, Mexicans populations outside of their respective countries. Actually L.A. even has the largest Japanese community in the country. It's part of what makes this city unique. I hate to say it, but to some it's the bane. If you like diversity you can't find a better place than L.A, however.

Santa Monica college is a community college, UCLA is a state university. They all have websites which you can check out to find, or ask directly about, particular programs, and surely they must have pharmasist programs.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:54 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,634,349 times
UCLA does not have a Pharmacy program. They do have pre-pharmacy courses, though. In Los Angeles, you would probably need to go to USC for a Pharmacy degree.

Santa Monica College is a Junior College, so that won't help you.

There are a lot of Persians in West Los Angeles, specifically around UCLA/Westwood. I don't know how many exactly. It is a good area but also expensive, if money is an issue.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:35 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,049 times
Why in the world did you bump an eight-year old thread?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:45 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,634,349 times
In case there are other Swedish Persians looking for Pharmacy programs in L.A.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:59 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
lol

Old 09-04-2014, 01:34 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,829,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
Dying at how specific and unlikely this is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles