Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 PM

105 posts, read 580,586 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, got some really good info on the previous thread and did some research and it seems like the trip to LA is a bit closer to a reality (choosing between somewhere in Mexico and LA.) We'll be taking the trip sometime in mid-july

I saw some hotel/motel prices that aren't bad, but talked with an aunt in the LA area and said there are vacation houses that can be rented out for a week. I saw some on craigslist, and have favourited a few links, but are these things generally safe? I don't wanna get screwed over when we land in LA. The prices seem really good, especially since we would save money overall with the 7 people travelling including myself. The few I saw that are in good locations are in Hollywood, Hollywood Hills, and Beverly Hills.

Also, I wanted to go and see some stuff football related at USC even workouts or just seeing Heritage Hall. I knew the place wasn't in an ideal location for a university, and since there won't be any practices or games at the time I'm going, I'm wondering if I should skip it all together. I'll likely be the only one going since some of us will split up to do our own things, so I'm just looking to whether it's worth the risk going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM

105 posts, read 580,586 times
Crap, I can't believe I forgot this question. How bad is the smog in Mid-July and is it manageable? I've never experienced smog, and have asthma (not severe).

Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM

77 posts, read 304,083 times
What you'll notice is the eye candy. Smog? "What smog!"

Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM

48 posts, read 183,829 times
Not risk going to USC at all. Just get on the freeway, exit, drive a tiny bit and enter the campus. Its extremely safe inside and not really dangerous on the outside either. I take it you might be basing it off Boyz in da Hood, its nothing like that anymore. Its a lot better.

I rarely notice the smog, but it does make great sunsets.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:03 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,333,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbachk View Post
Also, I wanted to go and see some stuff football related at USC even workouts or just seeing Heritage Hall. I knew the place wasn't in an ideal location for a university, and since there won't be any practices or games at the time I'm going, I'm wondering if I should skip it all together. I'll likely be the only one going since some of us will split up to do our own things, so I'm just looking to whether it's worth the risk going?
I already responded to this in your last thread regarding transportion to and from USC-- check my post. Go to USC if you want, but I wouldn't plan on seeing much in the way of football practices. Chances are you'll get pretty bored there fast, as the campus is kind of dead in the summer and there's no off campus college town environment to speak of. There are a few nice buildings but overall the USC campus isn't very attractive. UCLA's campus is a lot better, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles