Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM

399 posts, read 554,656 times

Advertisements

Greetings from Phoenix Metro Area!

About two times a year we go to a trip to Southern California.
Mainly when we go to the beach. We go to Rocky Point, Mexico. Nice Hot Days, and the water is like 85 degrees. People who say L.A Is Dry.. Maybe that's true. But not when I visited there! We went there in Early October 08, we froze our asses off in L.A with all that cold weather. I just came back from March and we froze again.

I mean Phoenix Winters in temperature are similar to Southern California. Its just thats its more cloudy in the winter for you guys.
I heard that if you want Beach Weather. Not to go during May/July because Its overcast.
My question is what Summer month is the best time to get that beach weather, so we don't get stuck in that dampy cold weather. Ughhh.
I'll probably move to L.A in a few years, but anything cooler then 81 degrees is too cold for me. lol

But I'll manage. I don't even own an umbrella, or even a jacket. (Just Hoodies and pants, though If I do move there its time to invest in a good warm jacket)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
early May and late July typically aren't overcast. April is fine as well really, but can be chilly(right now its 100 during the day and 55 at night with this very dry heatwave). August we can get a little monsoonal moisture, so it can be humid. September is generally in that 80-90 range without the humidity.

Now the water is another story. The Pacific around here is cold as hell all year. Don't expect warm water.

Also, dry doesn't mean warm, it just means low humidty compared to the east coast.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:28 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Best summer beach weather is August and September. Less clouds and warmest water. The water can get into the 70s around Santa Monica, a little cooler around Zuma.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,139,491 times
Today would be a perfect day for the OP. It is in the upper 90s at the beach. Would be nice to cool off in the cold Pacific today.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:37 AM

399 posts, read 554,656 times
We are visiting in July and hopefully it will be in the upper 70's. What is the average summer temps by the beach in the Summer? The warmer the better. Lol

I know that during the night it falls to low 60's and becomes windy, a sweatshirt is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles