Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM

317 posts, read 819,670 times

Advertisements

Whats this neighborhood like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 05:47 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Like every other family-oriented neighborhood in LA that looks like it should have good schools, but doesn't. If that's an issue for you, you'll have to budget for private education.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Like every other family-oriented neighborhood in LA
correction: like every other family oriented neighborhood within LAUSD territory

Quote:
that looks like it should have good schools, but doesn't. If that's an issue for you, you'll have to budget for private education.
Or just move to Culver City nearby (the schools are no longer up to Santa Monica or Beverly Hills levels but are still far better than LAUSD)

Since the LAUSD is a state agency, and with the state in deep financial crap, perhaps it might make good sense to privatize it and get money flowing through state coffers?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:28 PM

317 posts, read 819,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Like every other family-oriented neighborhood in LA that looks like it should have good schools, but doesn't. If that's an issue for you, you'll have to budget for private education.

Im sorry about, that I wasnt clear in my question. I dont have any kids and I was offered housing in the area. Im in my mid 20s, single and wanted to know what the area is like in general.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Sorry, but Beverlywood is really pretty nondescript, so it's hard to say more than that it is family-oriented/friendly. At its northern reaches, it gets away with calling itself "Beverly Hills adjacent," but that isn't very helpful if you can't distinguish the "slums" of BH from the rest of it. If you're looking for a quiet place to live, with good access to the 10, and that's about equidistant from the west side and downtown, it should be fine. If you're looking lots of nearby dining, entertainment, and such, you're likely to be bored there.

If the housing you were offered is on Robertson Blvd., I would stay away. That stretch between Cashio and Cadillac has always been on the shady side: old, cheap apartments with a very transient, halfway house quality about them. I don't know why they haven't been torn down!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM

15 posts, read 100,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
correction: like every other family oriented neighborhood within LAUSD territory

Or just move to Culver City nearby (the schools are no longer up to Santa Monica or Beverly Hills levels but are still far better than LAUSD)

Since the LAUSD is a state agency, and with the state in deep financial crap, perhaps it might make good sense to privatize it and get money flowing through state coffers?
We have something in our state coffers??? Don't tell the governator!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles