Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times

Advertisements

its a sign of the times.

men are now as high maintenance as women.

its equality!

this is LA. it happens in all kinds of metro areas.

i think its a waste of money.

girls are supposed to have pretty pedicured feet, not us guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 PM

293 posts, read 893,555 times
Talking I want a manlydicure!

Meh, at first, I thought this thread was about looking for the best places in L.A. for males to get their pedicures.

My back hurts, so I can't bend my body to reach my feet, I don't want to ask my wife, she does a bad job on the glossy look for my nails

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F430F1 View Post
Why are ugly males so jealous of good-looking males?

Just because you look unfortunate, out of shape and possess feet beyond cure doesn't mean the rest of us civilized, good-looking, healthy, enlightened, well-dressed men should succumb to your dirty, unkempt lifestyles.

I remember when I lived in Beverly Hills (and in Europe or here in NY), I would have my pale obese relatives from the south/midwest (poorly dressed, dirty hands and feet) over and they would constantly ask me why the guys in good areas like W. LA looked so pretty/in-shape/whatever, (codeword: I'm jealous or I'm upset that they wouldn't ever give me the time of day.)

Just get over it. Go mate with your unwashed uglies and stop worrying about us clean/pedicuring/manicuring good-looking guys. We certainly don't notice you, but you are apparently obsessed with our lifestyles.
I look good without getting pedicures. I'm sorry foot fungus, bunions or whatever has seriously impacted your life and made you so remarkably bitter. BTW, now that summer's here, will you be getting a Speedo wax?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I have heard of men getting them. My brother and most of his male friends get them. But then they are not the kind of guys that are interested in women. At the same time why can't a guy look good? For me I am at the gym every day working on building a better body. Need to take care of it because I read somewhere that this is the only one I will ever have. As far as a pedicure though, I just am not that into improving that part of my body. Have not had any complaints as of yet. No one at the beach has ever asked me to cover my feet. My feet are good to go as far as I am concerned.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Doesn't affect me, so who cares, really.

Admittedly, my first thought upon hearing about this was, (grew up a working class guy) "uh,. yeah, right." But it's kind of none of my business, so whatever makes you happy.

The South Park episode on metrosexuals was pretty hilarious. This kind of reminded me of that.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:14 PM

29 posts, read 82,911 times
i haven't gotten one yet and i've been deliberatiing over it, but each time i remember that a message is included - i'm all in.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
Some men get pedicures for health reasons.
Nothing wrong with it, unless of course, you get pink nail polish.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
So I'm guessing none of you will be wanting to visit Bass Pro with me tomorrow...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM

230 posts, read 599,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
What's the deal with this? I mean...honestly? Honestly?! HONESTLY?!
I don't know, but I have to give you credit for using the term "L.A. Males", as there are no men in Los Angeles.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Why would anyone care about guys who choose to get pedicures? There's 10 million people in L.A. County. I think there's room for a few male pedicures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles