Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
ljb ljb started this thread

13 posts, read 57,735 times

Advertisements

Hello...

I'll likely be taking a new job at California Hospital Medical Center (1401 S. Grand Ave, near highways 10 and 110) in downtown LA. I don't know LA at all, and am wondering what are some of the nicer n'hoods I could live in to commute back and forth to?
Would Santa Monica be possible, or too far? How about West Hollywood? Other places?

thanks much for any input, it is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 09:51 PM

644 posts, read 3,321,660 times
You could get a loft in downtown. Problem with downtown is a lack of grocery stores in walking distance. Or what about Hancock Park? Or Silverlake? I quite like Silverlake. It's a nice funky area. Lots of unique stores and places to hang out and have breakfast.

Artie

Old 04-27-2007, 12:20 PM

25 posts, read 213,170 times
Seriously, you could live anywhere from Santa Monica to Westwood to Pasadena to Glendale to Manhattan Beach. LA has traffic, all the time, so just get used to it. Buy a good map (try streetwise) and learn the streets and commuting from Downtown to home should be less than 20-30 minutes.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:41 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,339,985 times
Mt Washington 90065 is a gorgeous hillside community and very, very close. South Pasadena 91030 is also a great choice as is Pasadena which is a tad further...treelined streets with gorgeous craftsman homes. South Pas is a little cleaner, actually fairly spotless. Old Pasadena is a destination in itself. The architecture of the area is stunning. Also consider Alhambra, the north side is much nicer than the south side.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
ljb ljb started this thread

13 posts, read 57,735 times
Default hoping to be in silverlake

thanks to all responders.

i'm currently hoping to sublet a 1BR in silverlake for the summer. from what i'm told, it's a fun, residential area, with places w/in walking distance, and a pretty close ride to downtown. sounds perfect.

thanks again

Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 PM

3 posts, read 3,717 times
Default 1 Br. Apt - Sublet June - July AMAZING LOCATION & VIEW!

HI There,
Saw your post... I currently live in the heart of Downtown LA, minutes form the 110 and 10 freeway. Heading on vacation for a couple months and am looking for someone to sublet from June - July, could be earlier and could extend longer if necessary.

I have a truly amazing apartment and if interested, you could take a few months to get a a feel for LA and figure out where you want to move...

Here is more info:

One bedroom apartment with amazing view! Location, Location, Location! Right next door to the Omni Hotel (take advantage of their Sunday brunch) and directly above MOCA (free to visit on Thursdays)! Disney Concert Hall, Ahmanson Theatre, and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion are all across the street. In the heart of the Old Banking District and a few minutes from Staples Center, Nokia Live, Grammy Museum and of all the other amazing things DT LA has to offer; China Town, Fashion District, etc! Amazing courtyard with breathtaking views of the high rise buildings and Grand Street (where so may car commercials and movies are filmed)! Large outdoor pool, full gym, sauna, and Laundry facility all in building. Internet, cable and utilities included. 24 hour security. Away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown, yet in the heart of it all. A room at the Omni Hotel next door costs $400.00 a night. My unit is larger,, has a kitchen and an unobstructed view! The unit is currently avail. June - July 2012. Metro station is across the street! Hurry before its gone! 213.422.9147

You can find some pics. here: [url=http://www.sublet.com/spider/supplydetails.asp?supplyid=2097120]Apartment for rent Downtown, Metro Los Angeles, Los Angeles furnished 1 bedroom 1 bath Apartment posted by Subleasing for 2000 per month. Rental 2097120[/url]

Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Congrats on reviving a 5 year old post.

I'm sure op is now very familiar with Los Angeles.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneek1234 View Post
HI There,
Saw your post... I currently live in the heart of Downtown LA, minutes form the 110 and 10 freeway. Heading on vacation for a couple months and am looking for someone to sublet from June - July, could be earlier and could extend longer if necessary.

I have a truly amazing apartment and if interested, you could take a few months to get a a feel for LA and figure out where you want to move...

Here is more info:

One bedroom apartment with amazing view! Location, Location, Location! Right next door to the Omni Hotel (take advantage of their Sunday brunch) and directly above MOCA (free to visit on Thursdays)! Disney Concert Hall, Ahmanson Theatre, and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion are all across the street. In the heart of the Old Banking District and a few minutes from Staples Center, Nokia Live, Grammy Museum and of all the other amazing things DT LA has to offer; China Town, Fashion District, etc! Amazing courtyard with breathtaking views of the high rise buildings and Grand Street (where so may car commercials and movies are filmed)! Large outdoor pool, full gym, sauna, and Laundry facility all in building. Internet, cable and utilities included. 24 hour security. Away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown, yet in the heart of it all. A room at the Omni Hotel next door costs $400.00 a night. My unit is larger,, has a kitchen and an unobstructed view! The unit is currently avail. June - July 2012. Metro station is across the street! Hurry before its gone! 213.422.9147

You can find some pics. here: Apartment for rent Downtown, Metro Los Angeles, Los Angeles furnished 1 bedroom 1 bath Apartment posted by Subleasing for 2000 per month. Rental 2097120
One of the rules on this forum, if you had bothered to read them is, NO ADVERTISING".
Did the almighty give you some sort of dispensation to allow you to do what others on this forum can't?
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles