Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times

Advertisements

A place not too far from Tito's is really good. It's called Tacomiendo. Probably one of healthier mexican places you'll find in the area. A little pricey though, but worth a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 PM

184 posts, read 353,634 times
Yeah I used to go to Tacomiendo when I lived in West LA ..good quality food for sure.

I used to go to Titos all the time when I was younger with family. I do have to go sometime soon for sure.

I wonder how much that place grosses per year with those lines.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
The MOST overrated non-chain Mexican food joint I know of, yet it's always crowded. I've often wondered if the people in line were discerning about (fast) Mexican food, or it was just the "cool" thing to do ... to say you chowed down at Tito's Tacos.

I guess my answer would be NO.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM

There must be a reason to their success...maybe the systems they have in place to operate efficiently.

Also the food does have a unique taste ..im not really a Titos fan boy ...but there must be a reason for their success.

Why one would pick titos another hole in the way joint.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
I've always wondered about Tito's next door neighbor. Cinco De Mayo. They are incredibly bold for being right next door to Tito's and even with the popularity of Tito's, that place still stays in business and can get pretty busy aswell. The food there is pretty solid too.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bophisto View Post
There must be a reason to their success...maybe the systems they have in place to operate efficiently.

Also the food does have a unique taste ..im not really a Titos fan boy ...but there must be a reason for their success.

Why one would pick titos another hole in the way joint.
Would you say the same for Pink's Hot Dogs? Another place I've heard people rave about, but then people I know that have actually had it have said it isn't that good. But I guess I will have to try these places for myself.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
I like Tito's. I don't go out of my way to eat there, but if I'm in the area and it's lunch time I'll grab a couple of tacos. I know it's not authentic but I still thing it tastes pretty darn good and it's inexpensive. I especially enjoy the beef hard shell tacos, the refried beans, and the salsa. Agreed that Jack in the Box tacos have a similar flavor and texture and are insanely cheap.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM

Haven't been to Pinks for a while...but true there are always a lot of people lined up. I guess the "history" behind places is what makes people visit.

I dont know if this is true or not...but maybe PINKS was one of the first hotdog places in LA so everyone told everyone thats the place to go for hotdogs.

Hotdogs arent served at as many places as burgers so its easier to dominate the hot dog market I think.

Also they do have a lot of different toppings and stuff so its not just like a regular hot dog place I guess.

I think location has a lot to do with it... most likely most of the people in line are tourists and its close to hollywood walk of fame,etc.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 PM

23,543 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Miss Tito's, and ate it on occasion when I lived in Southern California and was in Culver City or Palms.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM

671 posts, read 1,190,810 times
Hard shell tacos just aren't proper tacos to and the often per-fabricated hard shell add nothing to the flavor whilst a freshly made corn tortilla taco is the perfect warm blanket with flavor and better for you than the hard shell. Most Americanized stuff like the c@#p that Tito's serves is almost always inferior. I have to say I less than impressed. I thought Tito's tacos were fit for the bin. Yes, if one likes the Tito's taco, Jack in the Crack is the way to go and much better value. However, I don't like Jack's tacos either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles