Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 17,877 times

Advertisements

I know this post is about 2 years old, but I had to reply. I have to agree with just about everyone on here. I was born and raised in west Lancaster -- lived there for nearly 30 years. It used to be an awesome place when I was a kid! Riding your bike on the street without a worry, playing in the deserts catching lizards, walking to school without a care, the swamp next to Lane Park and catching frogs there, lots of small town morals and small town people. Hell, there wasn't even a Taco Bell or McDonald's in town. Now, I go home about every month to visit family with my own daughter, and won't let her play on the street, ride her bike without me there, or even go into town to get anything. Lots of gang members, drug addicts, and just all around sh*tty people. No one has a care about anyone, you'll stand in line for 1/2 hour at any store because there isn't enough of them for the amount of people that have moved in, and it's a sh*t hole now. Even Antelope Acres has to deal with meth heads and random people stealing from their farms. It's ridiculous. Housing tracts that are completely vacant attracting more insolent people, and more tracts going up everyday. Stay away if you can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 17,355 times
Default wow people are people to

it really sad that people make and say comments about people they don't even know. i am a proud person i can't believe that racism still plays a factor in today society. people who post comments like the ones that i have read on this webpage really make me sick. people like this should get a life. your the one's that are ghetto sit at home all day a don't do a damn thing just live off of the system.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:12 PM

67 posts, read 324,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeserTBoB View Post
Lancaster's nice...if you're from Jordan Downs or one of the other negroid-oriented condemned housing projects being shut down in LA county. If you have an IQ higher than room temperature and have an education, this is NOT a place to live. The town is infested with Section 8 trash/scammers (who usually have a welfare/foster kid/SSI/disability scam going along with it) neighborhoods that were nice a year ago are now ghettos/barrios. The LA Times had a front page article about the Section 8 disaster in Lancaster/Palmdale...it was the tip of the iceberg.

Do NOT invest anywhere in the Antelope Valley. Prices have tanked more than $80K on houses from last year, and due to the influx of trash/slime from the housing projects, will fall further, forcing the Compton-based Section 8 slumlords to go into foreclosure. When that happens, the HUD disaster of the '90s will seem like child's play. The LA County Sheriff's Office has added 40 deputies in a crime sweep lately, but it's simply a drop in the bucket to what it would take to clean the trash up out of that dump.

The Antelope Valley has to be one of the worst real estate investments in California now and for the foreseeable future. The utter trashing of what used to be Compton from the '40s until the illegals started taking over is happening to the whole AV now, and for good reason...LA wants to gentrify all the areas formerly squated on by these pieces of human trash, and tearing down the projects and developing toney townhomes in their stead is high on the County Supes' agenda...with their developer pals making a nice, fat profit in the bargain. Smart, really. Unfortunately, just like with nuclear waste, the garbage has to go somewhere, and LA county is depositing its trash (the human kind) in the Antelope Valley.
WOOOOOW! There seems to be an awful lot of Racism and Ignorance in this thread.All Illegals,Red necks,Blacks,poor people,or Section 8 renters are not bad..Are you people serious?...I'm not sure where you all live but I don't see any of this when I visit Palmdale...What I do see is Tumbleweeds.I Am aware that there are many people moving up from South L.A. and wherever but,if they have to have racist neighbors who JUDGE them based on other scenarios,then why not be a little hostile?WHat happened to the days when people cared?What happened to neighborhood watch and nosey neighbors?I always say if you are not a part of the solution,then you're part of the problem.....Good day.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 33,970 times
The Palmdale/Lancaster Area(661) is getting worse that is true. But when U grow up in it like me, U get used to it.But Palmdale/Lancaster has the Biggest Police Station & the most Cops potrolling the area.Resulting in the AV's Crime Rate down these last 2 years(good job).I'm Just thankful its not like
2 & half years ago!Its was horrible I had a friend who had her older brother shot in a Drive-By by his
rival gang(He Was from Crooks 13 & he was killed by Lancas 13), but it happened right across the street from Palmdale High School.My Mom work's for the Palmdale Chamber(the city board) & said there putting in Government Projects(Eastside Palmdale) in 2012 to help with all the people losing there houses & people moving from the San Fernando Valley & Los Angeles.Also Palmdale & Lancaster does have the cheapest housing in L.A. County.Ofcourse there are Drugs & Gangs(there every where) in Palmdale/Lancaster its not Perfect.But there are already a lot of gangs in Palmdale & Lancaster.Some are coming from the San Fernando Valley & L.A.There are Hispanic gangs like
Show No Weakness Familia(SNW,SNWF,S-N-DUB),Most Wanted Criminalz(MWC,M-DUB-C),Val Verde Park(VVP),Crazy Kingz Famila(CKF),Zoned Out Gangsters(ZOG),(Spanish 4 Lancaster)Lancas 13(Lx3),(Spanish 4 Palmdale)Palmas 13(Palmas),(Spanish 4 Pacoima)Pacas 13(Pacas),Crooks 13(CKS),
Boyle Heights 13(BxHTSx3),18th St.,MS-13,Florencia 13(F-13),Blythe St.,
Straight Loco Soldiers(SLS),Psyco Town Gangsters(PTG),Mid-Town Criminals(MTC),
SurenoOutLawz(SOL),Compton Varrio 117(CV-117),Sureno Desciples(SD),Brown Pride 218(BP-218),
Brown Pride Surenos(BP-13),Surenos(SUR-13),Vatos Locos(VL),
Surenos Most Wanted(SMW,S-M-DUB),Thugz Crazy Life(TCL),Surenos Coming Up(SCU),
San Fernando 13(SF-13,),Sanfe,Sanga,Anaheim Travelers(Orange County),All 4 Fame Mafia(A4FM),
Varrio Nuevo Estrada 13(VNE-13),Latin Kings(Califonia LK's they expanded from NY & CHI),
Insane Mexicano Crips(IMC),Latin Kingz 13(LXK3),Play Boys 13(Play Boyz,PB13),
Loaded Crip Crew(LCC),Krazy Wicked Surenos(KWS,K-DUB-S),Unos Insane Surenos 13(UIS),
Vagos 13(Vx3),Compton Varrio Torrtilla Flats(CVTF),Gage Maravilla(GMV,GmV),Varrio 204th St,
Canoga Park,Vernon Hood Locos(VHL),Dukes 13(D13),Watts Varrio Grape(DUB-V-G,WVG),
Krazy Boyz,& CherrieVille Pomona(CVP).But there are several Black & Asian Gangs like Rollin 20's
Crips & Bloods, East Coast Crip 89, Inglewood Family Bloods, Westside Likidi St. Bloods 92,
Raymond Ave. Crips,Front Mob Gangsters,Ballas On Point(BOP),Bombing Over Cops(BOC) Real Pinoy Brothers,Asain Boyz(ABZ),Asian Boy Crips(ABC),Sentenas,Temple St.(TST),&Tiny Rascals Gang(TRG). All U HAVE 2 DO IS JUST AVOID CERTAIN PARTS OF THE CITIES.SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 33,970 times
The Palmdale/Lancaster Area(661) is getting worse that is true. But when u grow up in it like me, U get used to it.But Palmdale/Lancaster has the Biggest Police Station & the most Cops potrolling the area.Resulting in the AV's Crime Rate down these last 2 years(good job).I'm Just thankful its not like
2 & half years ago!Its was horrible I had a friend who had her older brother shot in a Drive-By by his
rival gang(He Was from Crooks 13 & he was killed by Lancas 13), but it happened right across the street from Palmdale High School.My Mom work's for the Palmdale Chamber(the city board) & said there putting in Government Projects(Eastside Palmdale) in 2012 to help with all the people losing there houses & people moving from the San Fernando Valley & Los Angeles.Also Palmdale & Lancaster does have the cheapest housing in L.A. County.Ofcourse there are Drugs & Gangs(there every where) in Palmdale/Lancaster its not Perfect.But there are already a lot of gangs in Palmdale & Lancaster.Some are coming from the San Fernando Valley & L.A.There are Hispanic gangs like
Show No Weakness Familia(SNW,SNWF,S-N-DUB),Most Wanted Criminalz(MWC,M-DUB-C),Val Verde Park(VVP),Crazy Kingz Famila(CKF),Zoned Out Gangsters(ZOG),(Spanish 4 Lancaster)Lancas 13(Lx3),(Spanish 4 Palmdale)Palmas 13(Palmas),(Spanish 4 Pacoima)Pacas 13(Pacas),Crooks 13(CKS),
SurenoOutLawz(SOL),Compton Varrio 117(CV-117),Sureno Desciples(SD),Brown Pride 218(BP-218),
San Fernando 13(SF-13,),Sanfe,Sanga,Anaheim Travelers(Orange County),All 4 Fame Mafia(A4FM),
Varrio Nuevo Estrada 13(VNE-13),Latin Kings(Califonia LK's they expanded from NY & CHI),
Loaded Crip Crew(LCC),Krazy Wicked Surenos(KWS,K-DUB-S),Unos Insane Surenos 13(UIS),
Vagos 13(Vx3),Compton Varrio Torrtilla Flats(CVTF),Gage Maravilla(GMV,GmV),Varrio 204th St,
Canoga Park,Vernon Hood Locos(VHL),Dukes 13(D13),Watts Varrio Grape(DUB-V-G,WVG),
Krazy Boyz,& CherrieVille Pomona(CVP).But there are several Black & Asian Gangs like Rollin 20's
Crips & Bloods, East Coast Crip 89, Inglewood Family Bloods, Westside Likidi St. Bloods 92,
Raymond Ave. Crips,Front Mob Gangsters,Ballas On Point(BOP),Bombing Over Cops(BOC) Real Pinoy Brothers,Asain Boyz(ABZ),Asian Boy Crips(ABC),Sentenas,Temple St.(TST),&Tiny Rascals Gang(TRG). All U HAVE 2 DO IS JUST AVOID CERTAIN PARTS OF THE CITIES.SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM

60 posts, read 305,827 times
@DesertRat - Couldn't have said it better myself. You and I both feel the same way obviously. I rue the day I moved here and count the days until I get the H.E.L.L. out.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 16,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
I'm none of the above, have lived here my whole life, and I do enjoy it. Happy to answer any questions about the Antelope Valley.
@Flashbaak

Do you still live there? we have the NEED to move there and we know nothing of the area, i have been living comfortably in the nicer area of the San Fernando Valley most of my adult life and i want to have the same sense on security and safety if we have the need to move...what would be a great recommendation, in your perspective, from someone that have lived in the area for such a ling time... i have looked at the forums and are all outdated in some aspects of any changes that may have occurred..thanks

Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart23 View Post
The Palmdale/Lancaster Area(661) is getting worse that is true. But when u grow up in it like me, U get used to it.But Palmdale/Lancaster has the Biggest Police Station & the most Cops potrolling the area.Resulting in the AV's Crime Rate down these last 2 years(good job).I'm Just thankful its not like
The Vagos are an outlaw motorcycle club and not really comparable to the other gangs you mentioned. I certainly would not mess with them but they tend to mind their own business unless provoked. If you're not a member of another club and don't do anything to antagonize them they'll leave you alone.

I did hear about a large number of Venice 13's going to the AV. Kind of odd the Latin Kings are there, that's more of an Eastern US gang which has no L.A. presence (although I've heard there are some in O.C.)

Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 16,465 times
Years ago, I moved to Lancaster to follow my career path. I had transferred to the Aeronautical Division for Lockheed Martin located in Palmdale, CA. At that time I had been with Lockheed about 23 years. Moving to the Palmdale / Lancaster area was absolutely the worst mistake I ever made in my life. Not only is the area 100% ghetto, but the people there are very thuggish, mean-spirited, and are always trying to take advantage of someone. For example, when I checked into the Lancaster Community hospital for a physical, the personnel there removed my jewelry, gold chain, cell phone, etc. When I checked out of that hospital, all my personal items were missing. I filled out a police report, but I never received any of my items back.
Every night club that opened soon closed down because someone got shot. I went to the Purple Martini Club and a big fight broke out. A week later, a fight broke out at a Mexician place called Madronoss. And later another fight at the Schooners Club...
As a single man, meeting a decent woman there was impossible. The only 'available' women there were social prostitutes. They hung out on Sierra Highway at a place called the Desert Inn. I dated one for almost a year before I found out Lisa was a prostitude. I too often gave someone the benefit of the doubt. That line of reasoning does not work in Lancaster, where you have to always watch your back...
Eventually I moved out of Lancaster and relocated to the Monterey Bay Area. Now I live in a beautiful home across the street from the ocean. My life and my future have a whole new meaning.
Under no circumstances should anyone move to the Palmdale / Lancaster area. That area has a huge prison population which consists of drug-dealers & drug-users, gangsters, inmates, parolees, bikers, gang-bangers, thieves, criminals and losers. Those people are your neighbors! You would be very lucky, if you do not become the victim of a crime! The police there are helpless. They are overworked and underpaid. Palmdale / Lancaster Crime is not prevented, it is not deterred: the crime there is simply contained, as to stay within the prison walls of that Horrific Desert Ghetto...

Last edited by PacGrove; 05-04-2010 at 09:21 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM

220 posts, read 1,028,036 times
Funny how these new people with one post show up and post this stuff. My aunt and uncle have lived in Lancaster for 25 years and never heard of such things. I guess you can find a crappy block in every city. The San Fernando Valley is 10 times worse than Lancaster. These people sound like haters, glad to hear they moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles