Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:16 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,805,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post

Glad to be back in the dry Rockies.
You mean the "April showers bring May blizzards", those Rockies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM

8,331 posts, read 13,467,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro90G View Post
Bonjour!

How's the weather in winter time in Los Angeles? Do you need jacket, sweater etc. or summer clothes? What do people usually wear? Does it rain/snow a lot?
Do leave fell off from trees? Or change color in fall?
Winter and Summer seasons do not exist in So Cal. There are only 2 seasons; Autumn and Spring, that is it. Winter is a slightly cooler version of Autumn and Summer is slightly warmer version of Spring season.

No joke!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,826 times
Id wish i was in LA i currently live in Toronto. Terrible city in trrms of weather
Last august. It was around 80-90 al the freaking time
And now here we are next year in temps below 70 and raining all the time, i swear i went outside in a sweater this morning. The winters arnt bad compared to other parts f canada, its a bit colder than vancouver. And get really snowy at time, i found it hard to see rain falling during jan. feb. march. If there is precip. Its probably only snow or freezed slush.. Ewww. I know
I made the mistake of choosing canada over the US and damn i regret it

Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,123,252 times
Perfect.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 AM

513 posts, read 914,814 times
It's VERY mild. Last January was delightful, every day was in the 70s and pure sunshine. February is usually the worst month, cool and rainy. Cool meaning low to mid 60s during the day, low 50s at night. March can be rainy too. During the day a light sweater on cool days will be enough. Jackets at night for sure. Some trees lose their leaves, others don't, but palms are always green.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 AM

23,566 posts, read 24,089,586 times
Once of the nicest places in the country to be during winter. I lived in Pasadena/South Pasadena for several years, and recall watching the Rose Parade and Bowl games in January wearing shorts and a tee shirt and operating my BBQ grill with a beer in my hand on January 1st.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,725 times
and what about the snow does it snow or never

Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro90G View Post
Bonjour!

How's the weather in winter time in Los Angeles? Do you need jacket, sweater etc. or summer clothes? What do people usually wear? Does it rain/snow a lot?
Do leave fell off from trees? Or change color in fall?
LA is a huge place and very spread out. The weather on the coast is one thing, inland can be quite another. Now, to answer your questions as well as one can: no place in the Los Angeles area would you ever really need a coat, but a jacket, yes, most places and if not a jacket a sweat shirt of sweater is needed. Summer cloths are worn into Nov, but not all year. San Gabriel valley, which is east of Los Angeles can get much cooler at night, even, once in a blue moon they get frost,, while the coast gets more fog. It never snows unless you are going to the low line mountain areas just above Pasadena or further east. You will see a few leaves change color, mostly all the trees keep there leaves, with the exception of fruit trees.

I was raised in Pasadena, I really do not remember ever wearing shorts on NYears day, I think someone either had a huge hangover or was watching the parade from their heated house. By mid day on New Years it can be in the low to mid 70s. Now, usually the end of Jan there will be a Santa Ana wind condition that lasts about 3 o4 days and does bring the temps into the low 80s, but rarely, if ever on NYs Day.
Now, I notice this thread has been dug up from years ago, I am smiling, wondering if the OP really cares anymore...

Last edited by nmnita; 08-25-2013 at 05:20 AM..

Old 08-25-2013, 06:15 AM

268 posts, read 890,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
LA is a huge place and very spread out. The weather on the coast is one thing, inland can be quite another. Now, to answer your questions as well as one can: no place in the Los Angeles area would you ever really need a coat, but a jacket, yes, most places and if not a jacket a sweat shirt of sweater is needed. Summer cloths are worn into Nov, but not all year. San Gabriel valley, which is east of Los Angeles can get much cooler at night, even, once in a blue moon they get frost,, while the coast gets more fog. It never snows unless you are going to the low line mountain areas just above Pasadena or further east. You will see a few leaves change color, mostly all the trees keep there leaves, with the exception of fruit trees.

I was raised in Pasadena, I really do not remember ever wearing shorts on NYears day, I think someone either had a huge hangover or was watching the parade from their heated house. By mid day on New Years it can be in the low to mid 70s. Now, usually the end of Jan there will be a Santa Ana wind condition that lasts about 3 o4 days and does bring the temps into the low 80s, but rarely, if ever on NYs Day.
Now, I notice this thread has been dug up from years ago, I am smiling, wondering if the OP really cares anymore...
You are spot on...some people think all of SoCal's weather is like the coast but it isn't. It can also get down right hot in the valley's.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM

911 posts, read 2,601,290 times
"winter" weather in l.a. is pretty laughable, its my hometown but because your skin gets so thin living in that climate, you can actually DIE from exposure/ freeze to death in 50 degree temps at night in the winter out there.

but my gosh is the rain in december COLD. i'll never forget it, i've never felt anything like L.A. rain since i moved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles