Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,343 times

Advertisements

a place in LA and it has to be in a safe area . . . and it has to have [fill in the blank] . . . and it has to be close to [fill in the blank] . . . and I only want to commute [fill in the blank] miles to work . . . and i have to be near people between the ages of [fill in the blank] and [fill in the blank] and I have to be able to walk to [fill in the blank] and it can only be [fill in the blank] miles from the ocean and I won't have a car so it can only be [fill in the blank] miles from where I work and I might have kids some day so it has to be close to [fill in the blank] school district and the place can't allow [fill in the blank] but does allow [fill in the blank] (except on Tuesdays unless they let me know first!) and I don't want to pay for [fill in the blank] or [fill in the blank].

Where can I find this for $600 per month?

Sorry, cranky tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 AM

364 posts, read 991,389 times
HA! Loved that! Thanks for making me laugh!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:39 AM

485 posts, read 1,704,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
a place in LA and it has to be in a safe area . . . and it has to have [fill in the blank] . . . and it has to be close to [fill in the blank] . . . and I only want to commute [fill in the blank] miles to work . . . and i have to be near people between the ages of [fill in the blank] and [fill in the blank] and I have to be able to walk to [fill in the blank] and it can only be [fill in the blank] miles from the ocean and I won't have a car so it can only be [fill in the blank] miles from where I work and I might have kids some day so it has to be close to [fill in the blank] school district and the place can't allow [fill in the blank] but does allow [fill in the blank] (except on Tuesdays unless they let me know first!) and I don't want to pay for [fill in the blank] or [fill in the blank].

Where can I find this for $600 per month?

Sorry, cranky tonight.

LOVE that!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
i've also noticed the recent spike in posts like this. i wonder if it's because the midwest and east coast are having such a terrible winter and everyone is 'california dreaming' if you will. i've been posting here for a couple of years, but i don't remember this trend in past winters, maybe they weren't as bad. thoughts?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM

95 posts, read 281,374 times
I like this post. My all time favorite was a few years ago someone was looking for an apartment by the beach for $500 and they were serious.

The commute requirements are always what kills me. It normally takes me 15 minutes to get home from work, but there have been some nights it's taken over 30 minutes. So even if a commute is normally 30 minutes, you never know when it could take you 2 hours.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,510,442 times
That post is hilarious...don't people have any clue how much LA costs? Reminds me of a friend who has plenty of money who stopped to look at a one-bedroom house in Malibu...$8500/mo!

Old 02-06-2010, 07:01 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i've also noticed the recent spike in posts like this. i wonder if it's because the midwest and east coast are having such a terrible winter and everyone is 'california dreaming' if you will. i've been posting here for a couple of years, but i don't remember this trend in past winters, maybe they weren't as bad. thoughts?
I've noticed it.

I also notice streaks of people from England wanting to move to Los Angeles.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 AM

672 posts, read 2,175,874 times
You forgot to say that you want to live in a neighborhood that's free of all crime.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:59 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
I think it's a combination of things. Perhaps weather is one of them. I also think the economy has more people willing to pick up and move someplace to start over. But, most of all, I think it's simply unrealistic expectations from folks who really don't have any idea what it's like in Southern California and don't want to bother taking the time to look through the hundreds, if not thousands, of threads that address the same questions over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles