Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
It could be the biggest mistake I ever made in my life or one of the greatest things I've ever done in my life.I think sometimes that life is so short and why not take a chance but this might be the wrong move to make.Thank you for the advice everybody im going to choose to stay here and get a degree then make major decisions.
you just saved yourself from a lot of stress congrats study hard and you'll be driving your new bmw m3 in LA in no time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Just a thought? If you were to move here with your $5,000 who would rent to you without a job? I want to see someone that has 3 X's the monthly rent before I talk to them.

I posted to another thread recently. Their situation was they were coming here with Bachelor of Science degrees in hand in fields that I am positive would land them a job today. Looks like you now want to do the same. Good for you. We will see you in a few years when you have completed that part of your life. Don't worry it wont take too long to get it done, and then you can safely come out here and live the good life.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 AM

296 posts, read 734,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
you just saved yourself from a lot of stress congrats study hard and you'll be driving your new bmw m3 in LA in no time

Thanks man...I'd much rather have a mitsubishi evolution 9 though but that's another story lol

Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 AM

296 posts, read 734,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Just a thought? If you were to move here with your $5,000 who would rent to you without a job? I want to see someone that has 3 X's the monthly rent before I talk to them.

I posted to another thread recently. Their situation was they were coming here with Bachelor of Science degrees in hand in fields that I am positive would land them a job today. Looks like you now want to do the same. Good for you. We will see you in a few years when you have completed that part of your life. Don't worry it wont take too long to get it done, and then you can safely come out here and live the good life.

Very good point..lol wow that didn't even cross my mind..."who would rent to you without a job"

Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 AM

983 posts, read 4,442,537 times
Thank goodness you changed your mind! I say NEVER move in a bad economy to one of the hardest hit states unless you have a solid job offer. I can see if you were an RN and was in demand but since you are not just hold off. Consider yourself blessed that you can live with a parent in this economy. There are adults that have been self sufficient having to move back with parents in their 30's, 40's due to the economy.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
Thanks man...I'd much rather have a mitsubishi evolution 9 though but that's another story lol
you have just showed some maturity by making a wise decision. There will be time to explore the world in a few years. In the meanwhile, take a trip to Ca, maybe during the summer, drive around, enjoy the beauty of the state..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles