Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 AM

35 posts, read 165,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknippel View Post
I too am trying to find out whether or not there is a transportation system from Alexandria to Leesville. If any one can provide insight into whether or not this is the case it would be very much appreciated.
No there isnt, but if you are working on base, you could surely find some kind of carpool system via the local papers as many folks commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,421 times
Leesville sucks . simple minded people who love nothing better than to lie and hurt others, the police are inept and unconstitutional-BEWARE!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,744 times
Default Please don't go to leesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag168 View Post
Does anyone have any advice/opinion about Leesville? My husband was offered to relocate there. Is that a good place to bring your family? I really have no idea about this town. Please help. Thanks

It seems every response to the concern you're having about moving there has been a, "yeah, it's okay, but..." I will be as frank as possible only because I feel that if you're looking to make a decision, our comments should be more black and white, yes or no. I came from Queens, NYC at the age of 15 when my father joined the military and we moved to fort polk. I came from a big city and culture shock was putting it mildly. I could barely understand what those teachers were even saying with their thick accents! I actually failed my first of year of school there and I was an A/B student prior to the move. There was nothing really constructive to do with my time there. There are hardly parks or places to take the kids unless you want to drive more than an hour or more AWAY from Leesville. I actually met a boy in school there who is now my husband and we've been together ever since and I think that was the only reason for that terrible detour in my life. Was to meet him. Other than that, I could've done without the 3 years of nothing in that place. He and his family were originally from Manhattan, NY and had settled in Leesville due to an injury that his father had and could no longer continue in the military, so I spent all my time with him there those 3 years. My husband's family has since then been STUCK in Leesville. We call it THE MAGNETS because just when you think you're done with it, something always pulls you back in, lol. I guess it's the small town ways of living that make it's residents become small town thinkers and people, and since their move there, they have been changed and desensitized in a big way. We've managed to not go back for years now but are dreading the visit, not because of the family we have back there, but because of the place itself. Growing up there for my teen years, almost all the kids were delinquents, either having sex too young or experimenting in drugs and alcohol because there were no positive outlets such as basketball courts, parks, dance studios, NOTHING!!! And not much has changed. Our only amusement there was getting all dressed up and cute to go hang out at Wal Mart, pathetic! When my family and I had to pack up and leave for Germany (military dad) I vowed I'd return to Leesville for my high school sweetheart and as soon as I hit 18, I did. We then saved up and moved a.s.a.p. We later tried to move back and give it another shot to be close to his family, and even got married there, but 6 months later, I became pregnant and vowed not to raise my child in a small town, no opportunity place like Leesville. So we saved up and I took the 18 hour drive at 9 months of pregnancy and fled to Florida where my family had recently settled. We've made a good life for ourselves and have never looked back once. So many people we knew there, left, and the ones that stayed, became nothing. Maybe managers at the Radio Shack or Wendy's if they're lucky. Others we hear are strippers and junkies because Leesville is the small city outside the army base that is not 100% Pentecostal. It's the only city with a bar, a tattoo shop, and a movie theatre, and a Wal Mart, and a small club (if you wanna call it that). So it's a catch all for mischief. PLEASE DON'T GO TO LEESVILLE. The job opportunity in a small town like that can't be that worth while! With all the places in our beautiful country that you can relocate to and make a good life, why go there? The sky's the limit! Leesville is a dead end!!!

As sincere as can be
-CMR

Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,324 times
Wow thanks so much for posting these replys...We were suppose to be going there in Jan. but we do have other options and I've been researching all of them and this is the one we've chose "UNTIL READING THE REPLYS" I have google earthed it and it didnt look so bad But I will take others words first!
Thanks to everyone....We will choose a different post to relocate to from Germany

Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,744 times
Default I'm happy to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiecampbell74 View Post
Wow thanks so much for posting these replys...We were suppose to be going there in Jan. but we do have other options and I've been researching all of them and this is the one we've chose "UNTIL READING THE REPLYS" I have google earthed it and it didnt look so bad But I will take others words first!
Thanks to everyone....We will choose a different post to relocate to from Germany
I'm so happy to hear that you won't be going to Sleezville, good for you guys! Good luck wherever you're headed, I know it will be better than one option you were considering, lol
Good luck & God bless,
CMR

Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,339 times
With all due respect to the transients that have only passed through Leesville....I can well understand how you may feel dismayed...i grew up in Leesville, received many honors at L.H.S. in the seventies, then went on to LSU to receive my degree in Education...I have just retired after 30 years with the Lafayette Parish School Board. I pride myself having grown up in a small town. (even though i was born in Miami and lived there until i was eight) I suppose in 2010 it may not have the appeal to those who wish to party hardy....but the true natives of Vernon Parish are among the finest that have ever lived. I choose to remain in Lafayette, because both of my patents from Leesville are deceased, and my son that I lost 3 years ago is buried here in Lafayette. But suffice it to say, you could do worse than Leesville...it all depends what you choose to be attracted to, and the type of lifestyle you consider attractive.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:45 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
I never actually lived there , but I worked there for a week at at a time , several times a year , for many years . In other words , I have spent a lot of time there . There is no way I would move there with my family if I had a choice in the matter . Just my opinion .

Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,220 times
I am trying to find out transportation from leesville, LA to Lake charles, LA
Please, call me at:1(228)343-4057
e mail me at: [email]awaad1@pol.net[/email]
Thank you. This is urgent. I am in trouble. I need help.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,806 times
Default do not move to leesville

Leesville allows fugitves from texas to live happily with no fear of being caught.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,969 times
If you have other options take them. very small town. your closent better be clean. Do not work for a land ownning Korean Woman. or any contractors, or the man that own's the sugar sack or his brother. Broud and contue food service is the only co. that hires only because of a high turn over rate because the locals are afraid of loosing there jobs they will treat you like ****. but there are alot of good people especialy across the tracks. the shariff officers are good people, I beleave that the US Marshals office and the courts there are in Question? Walmart runs the town.
Now on the good:
Mr. Leroy Brown was the best man I ever met there and his freind in the kitchen of Byrd Regonal Hospital. and all the lady's in house keeping Love You All. I Fill Blessed for knowing them!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana