Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 13,778 times

Advertisements

My family and I are suppose to be relocating to OAK GROVE,LA within the next 3mths does anyone know about any nice homes for rent there. West Monroe would also be an option. I am also looking for any information in these 2 areas about services for my daughter who has Cerebral Palsy, I will be needing a physical therapist, OT, and Speech, also a good dr who is involved with children with disabilities and a great orthopedic surgeon. Any information at all will be very useful and helpful. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 05:18 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,579,727 times
I just posted on another thread about a house in Prairieville on Hwy 44, close to 42. It is a large brick house, looks well kept. I can get the number tomorrow if you want it.

They recenlty had a handicapped childrens expo at Lamar Dixon next to the cat show I was helping out at and we had a handicapped kitten we took over there to meet the kids.. that was a big hit! Point is, the kitten has something like the human Cerebral Palsy but it is Cerebellar Hypoplasia where it's motor skills are effected. The kids there and the parents really fell in love with this hadnicapped kitten.

Post back if you settle in this area and let me know.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 PM

Where is Prairieville? I looked for it on Yahoo maps and it says that it is 220miles from oak grove,la?

Old 09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

10 posts, read 51,956 times
Prairieville is SOUTH of Baton Rouge

Oak Grove is a very very small community (2 blinking lights) in the north east corner of the state. You made mention of your daughter needing special services. Your best source for doctors would be Monroe. Monroe is about 1 hour drive south/west from Oak Grove. You could choose to live in Bastrop, it's 30 minutes north of Monroe and about 40 minutes west of Oak Grove---so you'd be in the middle of oak grove and monroe.

I live in Monroe and have a friend who was raised in Oak Grove...let me know if I can help you further.

Pipkin

Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 AM

i WOULD MOVE TO WEST MONROE BUT NOT BASTROP, I KNOW HOW SMALL OAK GROVE IS MY HUSBANDS FAMILY LIVES THERE, I AM HOWEVER WILLING TO DRIVE FROM OAK GROVE TO MONROE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR MY DAUGHTER. I JUST NEED A PLACE TO LIVE IN EITHER PLACE AND I DONT WANT A DUMP BUT I DONT WANNA PAY OVER $1000 A MTH EITHER. I HAVE ALREADY FOUND A PHYSICAL THERAPIST IN WEST MONROE AND FINDING AN ORTHOPEDIC SHOULDNT BE HARD TO DO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana