Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM

9 posts, read 32,154 times

Advertisements

I'll be traveling to Lafayette quite a bit over the next couple of years & need some recommendations of inexpensive (yes, cheap) places to stay & some good places to eat. The hotel/motel should be safe for a single woman traveling alone.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 93,111 times
Default Hotels/Motels

Lafayette is my hometown, although I am usually on the road as well.

Pretty much every chain is represented. Most were built in the last few years. If you are looking for inexpensive in a good area, try the Travelodge on West Pinhook Road, near the Oil Center, the Hilton and many good local and chain restaurants. It isn't new, but I believe it was refurbished several years ago. Of course, I haven't stayed there, since I live in town.

It backs onto a good residential area, so you should feel safer than being out on the highway. It is also only a few blocks from the Lafayette airport.

Bienvenu a Lafayette!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
For the value the Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport on 1421 SE Evangeline is a nice hotel.
They have new management and are making improvements to the hotel. The new restaurant - Black Iron Pot Cajun Grill & Pub serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is great with large portions!! The hotel no longer has a Free breakfast but since I travel a lot for business I would rather pay for a good hot breakfast vs. the Free powdered eggs and stale bread at other hotel chains.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:16 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times
What kind of food are you into? Lafayette has Greek/lebanese, italian, Thai, vietnamese, japanese/sushi, Venezuelan, Spanish tapas bar, Indian, several great burrito places, and of course the usual asian/chinese buffets, decent mexican, and local cajun hangouts. Lots of places to eat and by the time you arrive there will be even more of them. You also should sample boudin and cracklins while you are around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: