Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:32 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times

Advertisements

I just did watch this video- Win-Win! LOL. Dear God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 04:56 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Wow...Just wow. People need to watch the video.

When we travel to different states, we see a lot. Mostly positive things for their citizens. Yes, not all is positive, but when we get back home, we're just amazed -and dumbfounded- about how much is different. It's like... We can make lists on how to improve local economies and more importantly, have things that young children can have positive things to do. Instead of being bored, getting in trouble for boredom and growing up into lives of crime. But... as you are well aware of, it takes money and "well known" in communities and cities to get things done and possibly sway elections to do so.

Take care up there!
It also takes proper education on why these communities are this way, but that turns political too quickly and people are sensitive about their political ideology.

Thank you!

Old 06-05-2019, 06:07 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
[/b][/b]
That's just flat out wrong. Louisiana is one of the poorest states in the union with wages just as low. Hundreds of thousands of people struggle to pay rent every month. How do you live in Lafayette and not know people who struggle?
rent here is not extremely high like many places. there will always be people struggling to get by anywhere but the prices in Louisiana havent become astronomical yet and rent and real estate is still a reachable goal. You can still rent here for 400-600$ and thats reasonable to live. you cant do that in many other places in the country unless it is extremely depressed economy. I lived with a friend and split rent when i was starting out and slowly built up savings. had to live in a shoebox apartment and then a small bedroom of an old 60s era home but I made it work for years until I could afford a small house.
I would say if theres any chance for americans to actually afford homes or rent, Louisiana is a good place to look.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:14 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
We have lived in LA (NO Northshore)for 35 years and travelled to many places in the U.S. I have to say it has been a great place to live and raise a family. The culture, food, friendly people, etc... There are a lot worse places to live.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:17 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Denver is great. I just flew in from MSY today actually.

It's so much more vividly backwards when you move to a better state like CO. There's still corruption and waste here but it's much less. The corporate welfare we hand out is absolutely ridiculous. We pay them to poison our us and our children.
https://youtu.be/qwa5BHwl_XU
We visit Beaver Creek every year for 1-2 weeks. I really like CO, but it's not the south. We seriously considered retiring there, but decided against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana