Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 09:24 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't believe that there is even one documented case of a draft horse getting covid
They have been drinking Budweiser for generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 04:25 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
No masks in Slidell now unless you feel the need to wear one.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:40 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDavisCSA View Post
Peeps,
As a former Louisiana resident, I come back as much as possible. I was planning on spending two days in Louisiana and eating at some great restaurants. However the tyrannical goon in Baton Rouge who is now requiring mask mandates forced me to spend my time in Mississippi and maybe Alabama as well.

When are these intellectual goons going to eventually figure out that MASKS DON'T WORK, AND THE COVID19 FRANKENSHOT DOES NOT WORK! This requirements are simply the govt's way to control us.
Louisiana is one of the states with the largest percentage of increasing numbers of virus cases. Locally, we had only 7 vacant beds in ICU hospitals recently in our city.

If you don't want to mask, we don't want you here.

The mask is a pain. No doubt about it. But it's not the requirement that's the pain. It's the fact that it's needed because so many foolish people aren't getting vaccinated. That's getting better, though, as the unvaccinated and their relatives are getting sick, more of them are getting vaccinated. When substantially all the public is vaccinated, we can all resume normal life. I've read that this is the new normal of life on earth, that the virus and its endless variants are here to stay. I hope that's not true.

The mask does have a percentage of protection against the spread of the virus. The vaccinations have a high percentage of protection against it. Together they provide very good protection. There is nothing that is 100% protection besides staying isolated from society.

WebMd says, "Multi-layer cloth masks help reduce transmission of virus from an infected person, They block up to 50-70% of fine droplets and particles, and can slow those particles that were not captured. Cloth mask also reduce the wearers' exposure to infectious droplets by filtering fine droplets and particles. Masks with high thread counts work best.

While a cloth face mask won't totally block the coronavirus, it’s an added layer of protection for you and the people around you. you should use it along with regular handwashing and social distancing measures like staying 6 feet away from others." https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-face-masks#1

Last edited by bpollen; 09-08-2021 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
…and that chip programs your brain to transmit subliminal messages for civil obedience to anyone within a mile distance from you..
Be careful out there- there is sale going on now on a special hat you could wear …
No, you are behind the times. They switched to putting it in the horse dewormer.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:10 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
The mandates are only truly taken seriously on a large scale in New Orleans. Some businesses in Baton Rouge enforce it but not most. I have never been asked to put on a mask anywhere in Livingston or Ascension Parishes except for CCs Coffee and that's a company thing.

New Orleans does require the vaccines though and I do think that hurts their economy. Some of my family members were thinking about going there for a day to visit Aubudon Park and eat at some of the great restaurants in New Orleans then remembered the vaccine mandate and didn't go. But then a friend of mine went this past weekend and said while many businesses ask for the proof of vaccination many also didn't.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:32 AM

133 posts, read 173,792 times
Jeff, you can still do civil war re-enactments in Miss.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:52 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times
When I was in NOLA, restaurants were requiring masks and one place in the garden district checked IDs as well. Overboard, IMHO.

Old 12-24-2021, 07:54 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
When I was in NOLA, restaurants were requiring masks and one place in the garden district checked IDs as well. Overboard, IMHO.
400,000 Americans have died. Overboard lmao.

Old 12-24-2021, 08:04 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
400,000 Americans have died. Overboard lmao.
Actually 834,455 Americans have died in this. This is the biggest death toll in US history. COVID makes the Civil War look like a church picnic.

Quote:
United States

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Old 12-24-2021, 03:26 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Actually 834,455 Americans have died in this. This is the biggest death toll in US history. COVID makes the Civil War look like a church picnic.

United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer
My bad. Almost one million people and you have Louisiana happy to be #49 in front of Mississippi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana