Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 06:54 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,401,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
OP, I'm not going to resort to name calling because I've been taught all my life to be kind to dumb animals. I wish more states had a "tyranical goon" in the governor's office.
I know you won't believe a word of it but Warren Co., Ky. schools started the school year with a mask mandate. "Less than two weeks after Warren County Public Schools implemented universal masking in its schools, student quarantines have dropped to 834 from more than 1,700, Superintendent Rob Clayton told local media Tuesday."
https://www.kentuckytoday.com/storie...rantines,33831

The way I've always looked at it, if you don't believe in the vaccine or masks, that's fine. But no need to carry on for those of us who do care about our lives and our family's lives.
Correlation isn't causation and we shouldn't rely on one case to draw a conclusion. There are other settings where mask mandates didn't have any effect; a meta study on the CDC's own website found "no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks," and there are videos on YouTube showing vaping with masks. Spoiler alert: aerosols go through and around masks. (Both influenza and COVID are spread through aerosols.)

I'm all for mitigating the spread of COVID--but I'm for doing things that work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 07:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I guess you want to be like this guy...

https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/cale...vid-at-30.html
Dead anti-masker's family has a go fund me page, guess he didn't believe in life insurance neither...

Old 08-30-2021, 11:19 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
All I know is I've been told that, even being vaccinated, I need to wear a mask. So I'll wear one as long as needed. And looking forward to when my wife and I can get the booster.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:02 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
All I know is I've been told that, even being vaccinated, I need to wear a mask. So I'll wear one as long as needed. And looking forward to when my wife and I can get the booster.
I have no problem wearing a mask in public. It's such a small price to pay IMO. DH and I are both vaccinated as well.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:01 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtcg View Post
Mask mandates and vaccine aren't laws, as much as hurricane evacuation orders aren't laws.

If they can "mandate" these medical procedures, then they can mandate abortions like China, the USSR, and Nazi Germany. Tyranny is here under the guise of Covid. Wake up people.
...and the list goes on and on about all of the things they can and will want to mandate.

The people who see the tyranny don't need to be told. The people who need to be told will still not see it, except for maybe a rare few.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
These already exist. they are called ICUs. Quite exclusive, people are literally dying to get in.
People who are not obese or don't have other (often lifestyle related) comorbidities are vey unlikely to end up in the ICU.

Worse yet, cheap alternatives to vaccines like Ivermectin are (deliberately?) not being studied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMWYmTl-qI&t=187s

Old 08-30-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Do you realize how much the government controls aspects of your life?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. It's been a steady erosion of our liberties now for 50+ years. They keep turning up the heat, just gradually enough so that it doesn't seem like a big deal. This isn't taking us anywhere good.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:06 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
People who are not obese or don't have other (often lifestyle related) comorbidities are vey unlikely to end up in the ICU.

Worse yet, cheap alternatives to vaccines like Ivermectin are (deliberately?) not being studied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMWYmTl-qI&t=187s
A denier who gets his health advice from strangers on the Internet instead of established medical professionals & science?

Better head on down to Tractor Supply for a tub of that apple flavored horse paste though.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:11 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I guess you want to be like this guy...

https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/cale...vid-at-30.html
Yep, tough crap for that fool.
But I do feel sorry for the family he left behind because of his stupidity.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
A denier who gets his health advice from strangers on the Internet instead of established medical professionals & science?

Better head on down to Tractor Supply for a tub of that apple flavored horse paste though.
I don't believe that there is even one documented case of a draft horse getting covid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana