Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,456 times

Advertisements

I will say that PNC and CVS hand out dog biscuits when you go through their drive-through. My dog starts drooling every time we go there!

(As an aside, why would anyone walk up to a drive-through window? I mean, isn't that what the inside is for? Not a criticism -- just seems odd to me and I can see why they would be uncomfortable with it. My pure guess is that lots of places have that policy.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM

163 posts, read 428,657 times
Yeah, I don't think that's an anti-dog policy, just a safety policy. I've seen that policy posted on a lot of drive-thrus.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Back to the thread subject, what about dog-friendly restaurants in the east end? Most of them seem to be in the hip Highlands.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:01 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,576 times
nothing really coming to mind. don't really spend a lot of time there so i guess i'm not a lot of help. closest thing i can think of is frankfort avenue beer depo. think i've seen dogs inside patricks next door also.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 AM

174 posts, read 371,104 times
I was just out in Phoenix and and was told that if they don't serve food most places will let you bring you dog. They don't what you to leave them in the car because of the heat. I was in Home Depot when I seen this lady with a dog. I stop to pet it, thought it was for medical reasons. She told me most store allowed it. I seen one in a clothing store also.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper54 View Post
I was in Home Depot when I seen this lady with a dog. I stop to pet it, thought it was for medical reasons. She told me most store allowed it. I seen one in a clothing store also.
I have to wonder if that is just that the economy is so bad they don't want to risk offending a customer by asking them to leave.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 PM

163 posts, read 428,657 times
Another related question... are there any places around where you can take your dog to swim?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:36 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I will say that PNC and CVS hand out dog biscuits when you go through their drive-through. My dog starts drooling every time we go there!

(As an aside, why would anyone walk up to a drive-through window? I mean, isn't that what the inside is for? Not a criticism -- just seems odd to me and I can see why they would be uncomfortable with it. My pure guess is that lots of places have that policy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthatgirl View Post
Yeah, I don't think that's an anti-dog policy, just a safety policy. I've seen that policy posted on a lot of drive-thrus.
Well, I have never been turned down at Wendy's drive thru when I was walking with my dog. I've offered to pay for the water and they won't let me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper54 View Post
I was just out in Phoenix and and was told that if they don't serve food most places will let you bring you dog. They don't what you to leave them in the car because of the heat. I was in Home Depot when I seen this lady with a dog. I stop to pet it, thought it was for medical reasons. She told me most store allowed it. I seen one in a clothing store also.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that place. They love my dog there and he can't get enough licks for those who want them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I have to wonder if that is just that the economy is so bad they don't want to risk offending a customer by asking them to leave.
I always ask anywhere we go for courtesy to their customers, but everywhere you go in Florida they invite you and your dog inside their stores. They have water bowls for the dogs outside too.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 899 times
The Highlands is awesome for places that accommodate pups. I spend all spring/summer/fall toting my 80 pound pit and rarely have an issue. Flannigans, Cumberland, Z's, Dragon King's Daughter, O'Shea's, Molly Malones and BBC are all ones we hit up regularly. Heather's on the river is good too if you're out on a boat. In St. Matt's, the best ones are BBC, Molly's, Diamonds and Saints. Every one of these places will bring buckets of water and most (the ones that are used to my pup) tend to bring sides of bacon.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 600 times
Vines and Canines at Douglass Loop is the only indoor dog friendly place I know. You can buy wine by the glass or bottle or have a cocktail. You can also bring food there or order from surrounding restaurants. Best of all, you can bring your dog indoors. They have dog treats and water available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area