Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM

69 posts, read 208,023 times

Advertisements

I'm exhausted looking for apartments. If I could hire someone to do this for me - I would in a heartbeat. I've spent 2 whole days up and down the Highlands/Cherokee Park/Crescent Hill and I can't find anything. Either they don't take my dog, or they're way out of my price range, or they're not well-maintained, or some creepy old man wants to share his house with me.

So, I'm done. I'm just looking for a complex, now. I went to Waterford Place this morning and they have one available in my price range. I was hoping that it would've been bigger, though. It's only 700 square feet for nearly $900. I looked online and found the Willows of Plainview has really good reviews on Apartment Ratings. Does anyone know anything about this place? It's behind the Barnes and Noble and Hyatt Place on S. Hurstbourne. What do y'all know about this area? Good? Bad? Sketchy? Clean?

HELP! I'm at my wits end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
That's a really, really great area of town (at least it was when I lived there, but it's been a few years now...).

Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMRE View Post
I'm exhausted looking for apartments. If I could hire someone to do this for me - I would in a heartbeat. I've spent 2 whole days up and down the Highlands/Cherokee Park/Crescent Hill and I can't find anything. Either they don't take my dog, or they're way out of my price range, or they're not well-maintained, or some creepy old man wants to share his house with me.

So, I'm done. I'm just looking for a complex, now. I went to Waterford Place this morning and they have one available in my price range. I was hoping that it would've been bigger, though. It's only 700 square feet for nearly $900. I looked online and found the Willows of Plainview has really good reviews on Apartment Ratings. Does anyone know anything about this place? It's behind the Barnes and Noble and Hyatt Place on S. Hurstbourne. What do y'all know about this area? Good? Bad? Sketchy? Clean?

Don't do it. Don't move to the east end as a single young guy. Did you really try that hard looking? What streets did you search? You really have to look at multiple apartments.

Complexes are way overrated and you socially isolate yourself from city life. That said, if you Must look at complexes, this is a new one that I think that is well done and well located on beautiful Waterfront Park:

WaterSide at RiverPark Place

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/21...16534419_zpid/

Try Zillow too. You just have to be patient. Don't pay for an overpriced socially isolated apartment complex. I will say that Waterford is a good one if you MUST live in one, and they have an excellent pool/jacuzzi and a decent clubhouse.

Look, a whole house for 700 a month with a brand new kitchen that accepts pets. I am not trying to be rude, but you really are not trying hard enough. I found these listings with 5 minutes of half hearted googling.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16...73456083_zpid/

http://www.jeffersondevelopmentgroup.com

The above company is renovating the former Aquarius Apartments on Cherokee Rd, which should be decent and affordable and I believe open soon. I would contact them.

Did yo look in Clifton? Crescent Hill? Old Louisville? Downtown, Germantown, or Butchertown?

I think these are brand new and would be a much better option in a walkable area:

http://www.flatsonfrankfort.com

I have lived out of Louisville for a bit but know these renovations are all over.

Last edited by Peter1948; 01-02-2013 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 PM

142 posts, read 731,900 times
Quote:

Greetings,

IMO the Highlands are laughable, and I will not go into that on this forum.

The area you are looking at is called the Hurstbourne corridor. Down the road from the popular St. Matthews area. The area is clean (by Louisville standards) and crime free. Excellent access to all major roads and shopping. The traffic gets backed up getting onto I64 though. The Plainview swim and tennis center is about a quarter mile from The Willows and there are some gym's heading into St. Matthews via HWY 60 west bound.

The Willows of Plainview has 1 bed/1 bath $825 - $845 - 995 sq ft. However there is breed restrictions and not certain of vacancies. Good luck on that one.

I can vouch for the area but not the complex. If you head south on Hurstbourne PKWY there are many more places to choose from. You should do fine in that part of town.

Cheers...

Last edited by Informer; 01-02-2013 at 11:32 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
My daughter lived at a complex called Stonemill on Washburn in St Matthews just off Westport Road and I-264. She liked it a lot and had no troubles there. She only moved because she bought a condo. She has a dog and they do charge pet rent. Safe area and walkable to Westport Village shopping/dining.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM

69 posts, read 208,023 times
I've used Zillow, Trulia, CraigsList, and Google. I've spent 2 whole days in the area walking around, driving up and down streets, and calling every "For Rent" sign that I saw. I left over a dozen voice mails, sent twice as many e-mails, and I've had very little return.

I don't have time to wait around for a place to open. I start work next week so I can't afford to wait around - I have to find somewhere to live soon.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
I've used Zillow, Trulia, CraigsList, and Google. I've spent 2 whole days in the area walking around, driving up and down streets, and calling every "For Rent" sign that I saw. I left over a dozen voice mails, sent twice as many e-mails, and I've had very little return.

I don't have time to wait around for a place to open. I start work next week so I can't afford to wait around - I have to find somewhere to live soon.
Wow, the market must be tighter than usual. I think that is why I recently saw announcements for 5-6 luxury apartment complexes. Did you try my links above? The house I chose for you is a much better, cheaper option.

Again, more on this new dev:

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/20...-expectations/

Last edited by Peter1948; 01-03-2013 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 AM

165 posts, read 309,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informer View Post
IMO the Highlands are laughable, and I will not go into that on this forum.

If you're not going to "go into that," i.e. back up what you say, then don't say it.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:

I looked at this place in the Highlands. It was not very well advertised. I would look here for available units if you have not.

http://www.monopolyrealtyco.com/CAMELOT.htm

Another one to look at.

YORKTOWN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area