Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 2,792 times

Advertisements

Hello, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whatever time it is when you read this.

I've lived in Kentucky for about 4 years now and most of them have been in the military. I bought a home in Louisville (Fern Creek area) and my girlfriend is now living with me.

When I was in the military it was easy to make friends because they were all military as well. I just started working at a new job and there aren't a ton of people my age that work here. I don't know where a good place to meet other guys at, that isn't weird.

I'm 26 years old, I'm in a long term relationship, I don't do drugs, I don't like to bar hop anymore. I'm feeling stuck.

How does a guy meet other guys in Louisville? I'm down to try a few groups/clubs. I don't want to join a gym, I'm not a church goer... Does anyone have any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmyknute View Post
Hello, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whatever time it is when you read this.

I've lived in Kentucky for about 4 years now and most of them have been in the military. I bought a home in Louisville (Fern Creek area) and my girlfriend is now living with me.

When I was in the military it was easy to make friends because they were all military as well. I just started working at a new job and there aren't a ton of people my age that work here. I don't know where a good place to meet other guys at, that isn't weird.

I'm 26 years old, I'm in a long term relationship, I don't do drugs, I don't like to bar hop anymore. I'm feeling stuck.

How does a guy meet other guys in Louisville? I'm down to try a few groups/clubs. I don't want to join a gym, I'm not a church goer... Does anyone have any advice?
New2Lou

This club was meant especially for people like you, and has monthly social gatherings.

I would also use Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup There is literally a club for every interest on there. My thinking is that even if you join a group and do not like the people you meet, those people have friends who you may like, and that is how you network into your group of friends.

Also, if it is an option, moving closer in to a walkable area would help greatly. Suburban areas like Fern Creek and their cousins across the country complete socially isolate one from their surroundings.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:00 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Another idea would be to attend the local events we have here and most likely you'll meet others like yourself. Events I'm referring to is like events held in the different areas of town, like the Highlands, Frankfort Ave, Germantown, etc. Each of these area have family events year around that have food and music and such. This weekend is the Germantown Festival with Blues music and German food~! Also, check the local paper, like the CJ or the special local paper like "The Highlander". Good Luck~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: