Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 04:34 PM

96 posts, read 172,611 times

Advertisements

We are coming to town for this event and want to spend a couple nights in town. Any hotel, restaurant and must dos in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:17 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemarlin08 View Post
We are coming to town for this event and want to spend a couple nights in town. Any hotel, restaurant and must dos in town.
21c Museum Hotel Louisville - Downtown Louisville Luxury Hotel

Restaurants....so many choices. See my posts from before.

Certainly in downtown I would do Proof at your hotel, Jeff Ruby's for Steak, Vincenzos for Italian, or Wild Ritas for Mexican.

The trendiest newish places downtown include Meta for cocktails, Hillbilly Tea and Milkwood for southern food.

in Nulu, check out Harvest, and La Coop for a great french food vibe. For breakfast you cannot beat Toast or Ghyslain in Nulu.

Do a tour of Old Louisville and treat yourself to 610 Magnolia.

Visit the Highlands. Jack Fry's is a Louisville classic and staple.

In Clifton, drive over to Basa for Vietnamese fusion or Volare for modern Italian/Mediterranean and live Jazz.

for lunch, in downtown, I would try Atlantic No 5 which is near 21C which is where you should stay.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Where are you coming from? Can't come to the South without having some barbecue. So far, Mark's Feedstore is the best I've found in Louisville. They have several locations, and if you tell them it's your first time there, they'll throw in a free desert. Just don't go on a Tuesday - it's "kids eat free" night.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:25 AM

96 posts, read 172,611 times
We are coming from Nashville. Is the Museum Hotel worth the price?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Where are you coming from? Can't come to the South without having some barbecue. So far, Mark's Feedstore is the best I've found in Louisville. They have several locations, and if you tell them it's your first time there, they'll throw in a free desert. Just don't go on a Tuesday - it's "kids eat free" night.
Louisville very lacking in Bar B Q.

The best Bar b q is going to be Doc Crows, Smoketown USA, and Atypical Man.

The best ribs in Louisville are actually at Hammerheads. The OP shpuld pay a visit there since it is uniquely Louisville.

All the foodies are saying Feast BBQ in New Albany is tops right now. I plan to go there my next visit

Old 05-18-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemarlin08 View Post
We are coming from Nashville. Is the Museum Hotel worth the price?
Absolutely. Get on Priceline. You can usually get it for less than 150/night there. Just make sure you dont get the basement room.

The other hotels in downtown are just decent:Brown or Seelbach for history but smallish rooms, Marriott for convention hotel.

Hyatt probably best value considering amenities and location. None of these, with exception of 21C is in a league with the Omni Nashville (I stayed there recently)

unlike Nashville, Louisville's interesting areas are in the neighborhoods so be sure to eat at least once on bardstown rd and frankfort ave. Take a walk at the Big Four Bridge at waterfront park before the concert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area